"In childhood, we yearn to be grown-ups. In old age, we yearn to be kids. It just seems that all would be wonderful if we didn't have to celebrate our birthdays in chronological order."
"Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed." ~Charles Schulz
Today is my Birthday.. Today I am fifty years old.. someone asked me last night if I felt fifty.. I told the truth when I said "Oh No!"... the truth is that some days I feel fifteen and girlish and other days I feel at least a hundred and old and tired.....I am not sure what it is supposed to feel like to be fifty..I asked Dave and he said it felt just like always to him.. I have to agree.. Today felt just like always to me too..
this is me with my Mom.. almost fifty years ago... Me and Mom sure have aged since then!
I say ... and you think ... ?
- MacGyver ::~ Duct tape.. he could fix anything or build a bomb or escape from any where as long as he had duct tape..
- Garter ::~ snake.. one of my brothers was known years ago as the garter snake on the CB radio..of course I'm sure it had some hidden meaning that I was too young to know..
- Wedge ::~ Are they trying to drive a wedge between you and I?
- Inches ::~ twelve inches makes you the ruler..
- Code ::~ ancay ouyay eadray histay? Itay isay igpay atinlay!
- Water ::cool and clear... running.. waterfall.. hot water.. neck deep in dirty water..
- Running ::~ and staving.. please set down!
- Curly ::~ hair.. fries.. curly stooge...
- Turkey ::~ sandwich.. light on the mustard.. medium on the mayo... Yum Yum!
- Stupor ::~ a drunken stupor.. Hmm I did that at 40.. it also means dazed and forgetful.. hopefully that has a long time before it settles over me..