Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Wednesday Visit to My World! Won't You Come in From the Cold?..

"In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds."
- Aristotle

"We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of acts of kindness there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.
- James Boswell

"Everyone calls himself a friend, but only a fool relies on it: nothing is commoner than the name, nothing rarer than the thing."
- Jean de La Fontaine

= = = = = = = = = = = =

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - December 2010
I am almost sure that nothing is blooming out in my garden... It was barely freezing all day so I haven't been out and about any more than the animals demanded of me.. I did make a quick trip to my Mom's house to pick up her dogs or a visit while she visits with Trudy and then a quick stop at my favorite store for making photo's of plants and flowers.. they always have lovely blooms in their floral center.. today I chose two that I thought represented the season..

~ Poinsettia
Christmas Cactus~
~ I spotted these Ice covered trees at a Church next to my Mom's house today.. The sun hitting them was beautiful though it doesn't show so much here.. we thought maybe a sprinkler had been left on over night but we couldn't find one near these plants..
= = = = = = = = = = = =

Three Word Wednesday-
~ dabble, lean, utter~

An American Sentence Poem

"At the Icy Edge of a Pond"

three quackers dabble.. pickings lean in winter's wind.. fries bring utter chaos...
12-15-2010


= = = = = = = = = = = =

Oh What a Night

Shepherds traveled, their only map a star.
The Angels gave a concert from above.
Wise Men came bearing gifts, to the Christ Child.
God's gift to mankind. Born in a manger, sweet gift of Love.

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
12-22- 2008
= = = = = = = = = = = =
Thanks for stopping by my world today.. It sure is cold here.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy

10 comments:

Dasuntoucha said...

Lovely photos...(those icicles are huge!)...I definitely agree with that Aristotle quote...

...true friends are a sure refuge...indeed.

kaykuala said...

The pics are great and so are the poems. Excellent!

gautami tripathy said...

Beautiful post!

dead man and his shoe painting

Wally said...

Eek, those icicles!
I'm smiling at your description of the quackers.

Jackie said...

The pictures and the words are all just beautiful Patsy.

I hope you have a great day!
Jackie:-)

R.S. Bohn said...

"At the Icy Edge of a Pond" is a delight! Perfectly captured and so vivid in yet so few words. Well done.

Eliza @ Appalachian Feet said...

Wow, that icy tree is so strange looking! Beautiful photos!

faith said...

Fries bring utter chaos - fun! That ice is amazing! Stay warm! :)

RBell said...

Brrr - sounds awfully cold. Certainly the right flowers for the season.

Anonymous said...

love the way you interpret life.