Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday.. Poetry Club.. Words and Poems..

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
- Steve Jobs

"I hate paying taxes. But I love the civilization they give me."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Prejudice is a raft onto which the shipwrecked mind clambers and paddles to safety."
- Ben Hecht

# # # # # # # # # #


Project 365- a Photo Every Day! -



a fat hen scratching for worms

# # # # # # # # # #


Nothing-

Nothing wrong
Nothing right
Now I'm on the Nothing diet

Nothing old - nor
Nothing New
Nothing for both me and you

Nothing lost- or
Nothing found
Nothing Nothing all around

Nothing ventured
Nothing Gained
Nothing Nothing all the same

Nothing Now and
Nothing then
Nothing Nothing till the end

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
2-27-2011

# # # # # # # # # #


Blue Window Trim -

sea island natives
living reminders of trade
cotton .. rice and indigo
Gullah life is made

five benne wafers
cast into new daylight
the hudu spell is torn away
rest easy then this night

bridges came and baskets sold
the younguns moved to town
rich men came and stole our land
again to trod us down

But some have stayed to tell the tales
of how our world began
of lands and cultures far away
before a man owned a man

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
2-28-2011



Monday Poetry Train #119-

# # # # # # # # # #


I have been busy busy busy today getting ready to share some of my words at the Poetry club meeting.. Thanks for stopping by my world today!.. I welcome both comments and followers..
Have a wonderful day!
Patsy

No comments: