Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday..Lord Hold My Tongue...

"For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open - into the light, out of the darkness. " - Reba McEntire

" A singer starts by having his instrument as a gift from God.... When you have been given something in a moment of grace, it is sacrilegious to be greedy. " - Marian Anderson, 1897 - 1993

" If singing were all that serious, frowning would make you sound better " - Pete Seeger

* * * * *

Project 365-


ABC Wednesday.. B is for Brothers
 
even though this is not a real  recent photo.. it remains my favorite shot of my two sons together after they have grown up..  a moment of joy shared between them captured  and shared with me.. Thanks Tana!
 
 
 
 
Photo By Tana Holder
 
 
* * * * *
 
 
Just Swill

a fellow who loved a good thrill
drank whiskey and fell down a hill
he lay laughing and sore
at his sweetheart's back door
while raising his glass for re-fill

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-28-2011


 
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * *
 
Poetry Tow Truck #30- Mix and Match..
 

Amused

proud as the sun
ink marches across the page
sweet laughter his muse

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-28-2011

* * * * *

Cleansing

lonely tears mingle
with tangy apricot scrub
my heart sings the blues

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-28-2011

* * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by my blog today..  I welcome both comments and followers..
Have a great day!
Patsy

4 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

always wondered what it would be like to have a brother

rog, abc wednesday team

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fun post! Thanks for joining my Limerick-Offa. Hope to see you at this week's which I've just posted. :)

Jo Bryant said...

Beautiful photo

Cynthia said...

O, lonely tears is poignant in
a few well choosen words.

Cool pic of your sons.