"As love without esteem is capricious and volatile; esteem without love is languid and cold. "
~ Jonathan Swift
"People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold."
~John Jay Chapman
Welcome to another Moody Monday! The word for today is Cold!
- If it is cold, the temperature of the air is very low.
- ~ I love snow.. I wouldn't even feel the cold if I could stand out in the snow...
- ~ Polar Coaster~ that sounds like a cold ride!
- If you are cold, your body is at a low temperature.
- A cold person does not show emotion and seems unfriendly.
- If you have a cold, you have a very common illness which makes you sneeze and gives you a sore throat or a cough.
- If something leaves you cold, it fails to interest you.
- If someone is out cold.. they are unconscious or sleeping heavily
- If a person has been left out in the cold.. they have been ignored by others.
- and then of course there is Cold Blooded.. like this Big old snake that Dave and I recently spotted in the woods...
Cold~ I have had a cold.. I have been given the cold shoulder.. I have given the cold shoulder a few times too..I have seen people who were out cold... and I even know a few people who appear to be cold hearted.. I don't like cold food or cold colors..there are many things and people who leave me cold.. I am rarely left out in the cold and try to include others so that they won't feel as if they are left out in the cold.. I don't mind cold air and can put on more clothes if I have to.. I love to sleep in a cold room bundled up in piles of quilts with just my nose and one foot sticking out.. I love icy cold water and cold ice tea.. but when a cold wind blows through the pines and tickles my toes.. I am ready for something warm to drink and someone to cuddle and keep me warm and safe from the cold.. Have a great night..
drifts hide icy ground
laughing children slip and slide
December bursts free
Written By: Patricia Sawyer