Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday and the Rain Keeps on Falling down.. Cooler at Last..

"If you cannot find it in yourself, where will you go for it?"

"I am not bothered by the fact that I am unknown. I am bothered when I do not know others."

"The small man thinks that small acts of goodness are of no benefit, and does not do them; and that small deeds of evil do no harm, and does not refrain from them. Hence, his wickedness becomes so great that it cannot be concealed, and his guilt so great that it cannot be pardoned."

all by Confucius..

*****************************
ABC Wednesday- K is for...?!..
Keep-sakes.. ... kinfolk.. .. and Kisses!...


Kisses


kaleidoscope of kindnesses
rain down upon my back..

knitted hats and knots untied
for those you have a knack...

karma chose you for me
to bounce upon your knee

just another kid at heart
is what I seem to be

kettles boil and time will keep
until the kite has flown

for knights like you are hard to find
once the kindest years are gone

knowledge isn't always friend
in fact.. sometimes is foe

but you my friend are the best of kings
a peasant girl could know

kisses melt the coldest heart
like candy in the palm

but keepers come but once along
to the weary heart a balm

now knobs and knives and fishing things
we pack into a sack

and hand in hand we walk along
ahead.. we don't look back..

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-29-2010

********************************

Three Word Wednesday~
three words.... engulf, imminent, tamper


Evidence

imminent danger -
flames engulf his rotten soul
- some facts you tamper

written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-29-2010

*************************************

One Shot Wednesday-
This is my first try at One Shot Wednesday and I may not be doing this right.. by linking to my blog where my other poems are.. I am sure someone will tell me if I am wrong..
I welcome all who have braved my crazy.. wet.. world today.. I welcome both comments and followers. Have a great day!
Patsy

12 comments:

dustus said...

Welcome to One Shot! Thanks for linking up and sharing your poem. Enjoyed reading it :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. the poem brought tears to my weary eyes. thank you for sharing that! it makes me long for both my grandfathers. and, of course, others. there never seems to be enough time.

Judy said...

Welcome to 3WW and there's not a thing wrong with linking to this post as far as I can see :-) Good use of the words.

It's cooler here now too.. and I'm glad. It's been a long long summer.

Roger Owen Green said...

Autumn's coming finally; interesting keepsake.


ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Wanda said...

Would you call that first one a "Klunker"?? Nice read.

Angel said...

Nicely done!

Sara Katt said...

Meow Patsy,
Great choice of K-words and nicely written poem for K. (I used several of the same words too, such as keepsake and kin.)
Good photos too.
Well done.

Purrs,
Sara Cat

Sara Cat's K-words [abcW7]

Deborah said...

I thought both of these were brilliant, well done :o)

Brian Miller said...

nice. you rocked the k's....
welcome to oneshot!

Claudia said...

liked the rhythm of your poem

Pblacksaw said...

Claudia.. you could have danced.. I wouldn't mind..

Brian Miller.. thanks.. I will be back!

Deborah- Sara Kat- and Angel- Thanks for the kind words and for stoping by!

Wanda_ I did call it a "KLunker" when I asked to make it's photo.. I was quickly informed that it was NOT a KLUNKER... it was a keepsake.. I bet he got his first ummm kiss or something in that car..

Dustus.. anon.. and Judy.. Thanks.. I am tickled that you enjoyed your visit here..

Roger.. he had a few more.. all in different stages of being restored.. but he said this one was "special".. I liked it..

Thanks to everyone who visited me here today.. Have a wonderful night!
Patsy

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Its very nice and I liked your style of two lines each like what we have in India from medieval times of "Doha" of Kabir and Surdass...
I loved your words, and the one " you are my friend are the best of kings a peasant girl could know..." liked it so much...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com