Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Poem for Wednesday!

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~


"You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world. " ~Tom Brokaw~

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. " ~Aristotle~


My Youngest child, Emily, graduates from High School this year. Just a matter of days now. This week in keeping with the Graduating time of year I have chosen this poem for my blog this week. Please take this time as our young folks begin their adult lives to reflect on your own time as a young adult. You might be surprised at how much you have changed. You might even understand your young adults more if you strive to remember how it was to be their age. We all did things we shouldn't have. Well except for me, of course, I was never a foolish young person.. HAHahahahahaha!! Be proud of your young adults. Encourage them daily even when you would like for them to be doing something or going somewhere different. Every one has to find their own path in life. I hope your path is as smooth as possible today as you follow destiny's trail. Destiny sometimes surprises us even after we are adults. May all your days on life's journey be filled with wonder!
Have a great day!
Patsy


My Baby Girl

Barrettes and ribbons
Baby dolls and lace
Ah my baby girl
such a sweet face

Tea parties and Teddy bears
Tree climbing, Let’s race
she might be the smallest
but she demands her own space

Schoolwork and Boyfriends
a Friday night date
Hey mama don’t worry
I just might be out late

Ruffles on prom gowns
a mind of her own
I’m not sure I like this
My baby girl is grown!


written by: Patricia Sawyer
2-21-2008

No comments: