Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Lazy, but Peaceful Sunday!

"God almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures." ~Francis Bacon~




I haven't felt like doing much today. I have been kinda lazy. I have a school program for Emily tonight. I have ONE more school Program for Emily! EVER!!
She graduates next Friday night.



"There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
Today is also the Day Cooper is supposed to start his long drive from New Mexico to South Carolina. Feel free to Pray that he will be blessed with Traveling mercies. I won't be worth much till he is home. I will be in a rotten mood. Worried beyond reason maybe.. But, I think Most parents understand where I'm coming from on this! He is nineteen and driving this trip alone!









I think now maybe Y'all who are parents will understand why I have spent the day outside in my Garden. Dragging a rake or two around as I cleaned the garden and rested there having a little word here and there as I worked, with God! Seeking and finding a peacefulness today. Remembering when I moved here and all of this seven acres was a field of broom-straw. How my children and later, Dave's two as well, grew up here. Played here and worked here in the gardens with me many many times. I have decided to share this part of my Gardens with all of You! Please enjoy your journey to Patsy's Gardens.













"A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul." ~ Sadi ~


















"Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the Soul" ~The Koran~





















"Earth laughs in flower." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson~
















"If you seek a mind at peace, a heart that cannot harden, go find a door that opens wide upon a lovely garden." ~Unknown~



If any of my family and friends comes to my house and I don't answer their knock upon my door, they look for me in the garden before they leave. There is always a chance I am there. I have two friends who look for me there first. Deb And Thoi! I know they just want to sneak a cutting or maybe say a word to the man upstairs without me. I don't mind. If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods you too will be welcome to walk through my Garden. where string beans grow in five gallon buckets and fish swim in everything from kiddy pools to barrels. I hope you have enjoyed my garden today. Remember to love the earth treat her with kindness. Stop and smell a flower every chance you get. And remember that with GOD ~ ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

Have a great day!
Patsy !











































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































9 comments:

tashabud said...

Patsy, thanks for advertising in my blogsite. I thoroughly enjoyed touring your garden and reading your post. Thanks for sharing. Those are great pictures.

Mariah said...

Oh, how beautiful your flowers are!

Pblacksaw said...

Tashabud~ I am glad you stopped by! I love my Home-made jungle.

Cieralla~ Thank you. I had been walking around out there and my friend stopped by and asked me if she could make pictures.. We tried to sneak up on a big frog but he hopped into a pond...

Yall please visit me again.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to say hey. Your page is nice and serene. Junior, Dorie and I send our love.

LJP said...

What a beautiful garden. It makes me feel very relaxed. Almost sleepy...

Anonymous said...

Wow Patsy!! I've heard you talk about your "jungle" a lot.. It's just more beautiful that I could have imagined.. Thanks for allowing me to enjoy your view..

Pblacksaw said...

Beth~ Howdy Woman.. Everything is blooming.. Come see it for yourself.. Dorie might like the flowers!

Ljp~ Thanks.. I'm glad you like it...I even have a hammock where you could nap!

Boo~ Thanks for visiting me in my Jungle.. I'm glad you like it...
Patsy!

Anonymous said...

There's no place closer to God than a garden! And if gardens mark the path to Heaven, then yours is the front porch! It's beautiful there - I love it. And God has blessed your very soil! Thank you for spendig time with me yesterday. I do so love to visit!!

Karen and Gerard said...

Nice garden. I don't blame you for spending a lot of time there. I enjoy going to the garden by the main Cleveland Public Library in downtown Cleveland, smack dab among tall office buildings and concrete all around it! Very peaceful there.