Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tag I'm It! A different kind of Chase!

“If you feel the urge, don't be afraid to go on a wild goose chase. What do you think wild geese are for anyway?” ~ Will Rogers~





Wow!! I didn't know that we could play Tag on our blogs. I used to love to play tag with My Family. We would make up all kinds of chasing and Tagging games. Running around ans squatting down yelling Pepsi Cola... Dr. Pepper!




Oh wait that would be a fact and I should be saving those for the game.. I guess y'all got that one free. ~ I have been Memed ~7 things!~ is the game of tag that I have been tagged for; by Theresa Komor over at her blog . http://bumpypath.blogspot.com/



I am supposed to now follow these rules and share with everyone some facts about myself. I can do this.. And here we go!


Here's the rules:

1. List these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.




Now for my Seven amazing or maybe just plain facts about me.

Fact #1~ My Middle Name is Roberta. Or Maybe it's not the middle name any more. But it's for sure in there some where. I scared a teacher last year by telling her my "whole" Name. Well that and she said she had never met a divorced person before. And No I won't tell you country we got her from.. She is a good teacher.. Just a little easily frightened by country Girls like me!


Fact #2~ I have a slew of siblings. 3 sisters~ Trudy; Mary; and Martha ~
and 4 Brothers~ David; Franklin; Jim; and Reuben~ I could tell you a secret fact about each of them too But I want to live a few more years... If you read my blog often you'll learn all their secrets eventually anyway!


Fact #3~ I can move very fast when Mad. (and Pregnant!) Just ask my nieces and nephews... .. they will also tell you that I do believe in a spanking sometimes... (a Lot!) .. rarely then?!.... . On the other hand they all Love me even if I was known in the Trailer park as "Miss Meany!" And you would be mean too if you lived in that Trailer park. Mean was the way to survive!


Fact #4~ I once watched my Cousin get his Butt whipped with a smile as he was blamed for setting free the Opossum Daddy had caged in a plan to cook for Thanksgiving... I was NOT eating My friend Butch... and The Cousin needed a whipping anyway because he was mean to his mama. I did confess to My Daddy right before he died and he and I shared a laugh over it.. Turns out he knew all along I turned the Possum loose. He said he would Never have cooked it anyway. I guess I should be ashamed that I smiled while my cousin got my whipping.. But ~ well~ I am still NOT ashamed..


Fact #5~ When I was in High School I used to do homework for others and sell it to them.. I'd meet them in the library and sell them homework. Can I help it I was smart? And they were lazy? OK.. I am a little sorry for doing that But hey they all turned out OK anyway.. They all have good jobs... I reckon they do at least. Or they married well one or the other.. Isn't it a fact that all is well that ends well? At the very least that's MY story and I'm sticking to it.


Fact #6~ Me and My cousin used to go everywhere our parents told us not to. They said stay away from the railroad tracks because hobo's would get us. We set up a camp sight and left notes for the hobo's just in case. We were hurrying home through the woods to her house once when she fell off the bike's handle bars and rolled onto the tracks as a train was coming from a ways off.. . I cried all the way to her house and all the time I was climbing the tree and all the while I was telling her Daddy that she was in the bathroom. I didn't quit till she finally made it home; Limping; all bruised and Briar- scratched an hour later. Sorry Sheron! I should have waited to see if the train Hit you. You were and still are my best Cuz!


Fact #7~ I can be a real ass when I am crossed. I can throw a red brick through your windshield and not bat an eye. I will lay on the ground and wait for you to bring your stupid self into my yard and then I will Jump Up and run at you with My brick drawn back and BAM! Right in the front seat with you. I will have a stack there if I need them. But I won't miss. I won't care if you cry. In fact if you cry I'll throw another at you because you are not only stupid but also a sissy.. I have no sense when you mess with my family or my kids. So Don't make me act stupid please.. I'm getting too old to learn new things and Jail is a place I haven't learned yet! .. But I will if I have too.


~~ I have shared facts with you today that I hope will bring a smile to your face. I love to help make folks smile. Everything I have said here is true.. even the one about the brick Yes I have done that too. I am of course a lot older and More settled now than I was then..( OK I'm still a crazy thing and I am even making me sick by telling y'all that I'm calm.. ) OK Now on to the last part of the rules!~




~ The list of those who I am tagging. I have enjoyed all of these blogs and really hope they join in for the tagging fun. Also I ask everyone who reads my blog to go to theirs and check them out. See if you agree that they are great bloggers!





1:) Lora Mortier at ~http://lora.mortier.org/



2:) Jamie at ~ http://suburbqueen.blogspot.com/



3:) a really funny Chick at ~ http://confessionsofarandomchick.blogspot.com/
(Maybe one of her facts will be a clue as to her name huh? or NOT!)



4:) Christine at ~ http://www.watchmenowatchme.com/



5:) Bless at~ http://blessconfessionsofanarmywife.blogspot.com/



6:) Amy at ~ http://www.youareaflyonmywall.blogspot.com/



7:) Catherine Hughes at~ http://aweekinthelifeofaredhead.com/


I chose folks who I enjoy reading their blogs daily. I get something different from each of them. But I get a smile from all Of them! I Hope they will each Play along with this game.. Have a great day today! Share a laugh with someone special..
Patsy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words, they really mean a lot to me. I will work on this and post it as soon as possible.

Unknown said...

Patsy, you are a HOOT! No doubt about it. I did my time in a trailer park once, and everyone and anything ran away from me. I gotta big mouth with a deep voice. Scared the crap outta all of them. Too much fun!

Anonymous said...

You know secrets of mine? I don't believe it! Well, okay! I know you know some but I know some on you too. Be very, very careful! you know I am kidding. I always love your writings. Your favorite brother Reuben.......

Anonymous said...

Yes, your fast when pregnant - you'll have to teach me how to do that "fly though the living room over all the children and get to the child in trouble" trick - now that I've killed a rabbit...I love you!

Hawksdomain said...

Wow, this was just awesome. I love the brick story, I've never gone quite that far, but my husband and I have always joked that I'm the mean lady down the street and I certainly do have quite a temper! :)