Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday's Poem of the Day!

"Heroes are people who rise to the occasion and slip quietly away."
~Tom Brokaw~

"Heroism feels and never reasons, and therefore is always right."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~


"Without heroes we're all plain people and don't know how far we can go."
~Bernard Malamud~


Hero's Heartstrings
Tears of joy

come falling down
when they make
the baseball team
the first home run.
the final out.
The honor roll.
The Senior Choir.
The young artist association.
The Jump team.
Or any other minor
or major accomplishment.

Pride fills us
We are their hero
and they are ours.
So short lived is our glory.



For the hero's
become the coaches
the team mates
the teachers
the friends
the neighbors
the lovers
and sometimes Uncle Sam.


But to have held
a hero's place
for only a moment
when no one could
be greater in their eyes
than we so very briefly are
makes all the other tears
worth the pain they leave
as they too must fall.
For every heart that has been broken
can be mended with love.
And a true hero
has a heart that has been quilted
with a Rainbows
many color's of heartstrings!



Written By:Patricia Sawyer
June 19, 2008

My children have always been my heroes. I am so proud of each of them. They have stepped out into adventures I would have been afraid to undertake. They have each taken risks I would have never been brave enough to face. I Have seen each of them struggle and in the end everything ended just right.

Each of my Eight siblings holds a hero's place in my heart just by being the truly wonderful people they have been for all our years together. I love each of them so dearly and also so very differently as they are a truly unique crowd of people.

My Husband, Dave, will always be my ultimate hero. He has Fathered and
be-friended not only the five of his and mine; But all the other kids and strays, (both dogs and people) That either I or one of the children have dragged into his life and his house. Almost, always with-out complaint.

I aspire to be worthy to be; even for a moment; Their hero in return! Allow someone to be your hero. Allow yourself to become someones hero as well!
Have a great day!
Patsy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're me hero! Or rathe rmy heroine. I've told you this before - and yes, it's true. You've been there for me ALL my life and through the lives of my children. Your help, your advice and your love are more than anyone could ever ask for. Not just to me, but to everyone you meet. I love you!