Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Death of an Angel

"Think of your child; then, not as dead, but as living; not as a flower that has withered, but as one that is transplanted, and touched by a divine hand, is blooming in richer colors and sweeter shades than those on earth."
~ Richard Hooker~

“There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were." ~ Dwight David Eisenhower~


Can one ever Overcome the death of a child? I stood silently as so many people promised my friends that they would get over it in time. I wondered how many had lost a child? How many had Overcome the grief? I reasoned that there was nothing at all that I could do for my friends except be there for them if they needed me and try to do my part for the others who would need food and coffee and an occasional laugh as they visited us in a house full of tears and despair. For you see I do not understand. I still have my children. I can only imagine the depth of their grief. I have a very good imagination.. Their grief and despair I believe would reach deeper than any of us who have not suffered it could even begin to understand. Deeper than even my wild imagination.But Hopefully not deeper than My love for them and Kelby!


I always went in the door closest to him. I talked to him though many did not. I trusted that he understood me though he never answered me with words. I loved the light in his eyes when he would smile at something you whispered to him. I Loved the smile he shared with his Mother when she would sing to him. I loved to see him respond to his Daddy and sister. We will all miss him. But we are thankful for being allow to borrow a special one for such a short while.......



~The Death of an Angel~


Sorrow detonates.
Pulling at my sleeping form.
Oddly Humble.
In the Golden Light.
Why do I weep?


An earthy brook swirls
twisting and turning
under the snowy white bridge.
Grandma's Beckon.
Hurry home child!


The Frog never stood a chance
Grabbed by one back leg.
And stuffed into a pocket.
As bare feet bounded
onto the golden streets.


"You are my Sunshine"
A young mans voice Calls
to those who weep.
"My Only Sunshine"
His rich, deepening voice adds.

Running, hopping,
stopping to turn a few flips
before Dancing
into the Golden glowing light.

A sense of peace and Love
overwhelming: fills my own soul.
As my hand struggles
fighting it's way from dream world
reaching for the Jingle
calling to it.

Pulling my mind
back to Earth.

Eyes turning to the clock.
Eyes wide open now
I lift the phone to hear
the Broken Father sob
"Kelby is no Longer with us"
and I now know
that I have witnessed
the Death of an angel.


written By : Patricia Sawyer
8-13-2008




Kelby Ray Stone
BARNWELL — Kelby Ray Stone, 13, son of Clifton Ray and Sheri Stanley Stone died Friday, August 1, 2008, at his home.
Kelby was born September 13, 1994, in Orangeburg, SC. He attended the Barnwell Public School Special Education Class. He was a loving son, brother, and grandson and will be missed by all of his family and friends.
Funeral services will be held at 4 p.m. Monday, August 4, 2008, at Trinity Baptist Church. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Visitation with the family will be held from 6-8 Sunday evening at Mole Funeral Home.
Survivors include his parents of Barnwell; a sister, Karissa Stone of Barnwell, SC; paternal grandparents, Nancy Holder, Billy and Barbara Stone of Sanford, NC; maternal grandparents, Marvin and Kay Stanley of Barnwell, SC. He was predeceased by His maternal grandmother, Marilyn Bowers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patsy -- what a lovely tribute to this young man. Please accept and pass along my heartfelt condolences to his parents and grandparents.

Margaret

Pblacksaw said...

Thank you Margaret.. I will pass along your good wishes.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for the beautiful words and all you have done and continue to do for all of us.You will always have a special place in my heart for what you have done and sitting up the late hours drinking coffee and talking or just listening.Kelby will truly be missed but was dearly loved by all who knew him LOVE YOU MUCH SISTER.

RearVuMirr said...

It's beyond me how anyone could say "You'll get over it"

You would never get over it. The pain may lessen but it certainly would never go away.

Terribly sorry for your loss of such a young life. :(

Pblacksaw said...

Sheri- You know I love you Woman..
even if I am hardheaded and a heifer.~~

304news~ I think people generally mean well and most likely think they can imagine what it must really feal like.. I agree with you though that it never goes away.

~Patsy~

Sunshine said...

Life is so precious and to loose one so young... So very sorry for your loss. I will hug, kiss and hold my kids an extra special amount today.

Anonymous said...

What absolute beauty. Your compassion touches me at a time when I am feeling great despair due to the loss of my grandson. Someone must be watching over me closely to have led me to this post.

Blessings,
Vixen

Pblacksaw said...

Sunshine~ enjoy your children every day for we are not promised tomorrow.


Vixen~ My heart feels for you and your family. especially your daughter-in-law. I know her loss first hand. I will be praying for your family. May god give you the strength and courage to face these hard times.
Patsy