"I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me - they're cramming for their final
exam. " ~ George Carlin
"Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking."
~ Kahlil Gibran
"It is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
~ William Shakespeare
Welcome to the February 18Th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which they almost always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where they make you think a little bit before you blog!
Yes! they do have rules~~They pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - they really don't care! Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post. Please mention them in your post, and link back to the blog. Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs. Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks! That's what all this is about after all, isn't it? And this final one is not their rule but mine.. Enjoy yourself!
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Berleen's demon spawns (teenagers), the color of snowflakes, and the number 7200.
They are 15 and 13... that is your warning.
1. Why are computer mouses called mouses? ~ I have no idea about this one unless it's because they are pests.. I call mine names most days..they stick and do exactly what you hoped they wouldn't.. mine won't click to save my life sometimes and then appears to click on what it wants too.. Maybe I should have just looked this up..
2. If a guy has no money and he goes into a bar does he get kicked out?~ not unless he tries to order a drink.. on the other hand he doesn't get a girl either.. or a drink.. maybe he can eat the free peanuts.. do bars still have free peanuts?
3. Why does Taryn hate rat terrier puppies?~ I'd have to ask Taryn that.. personally I love most puppies.. I have a new puppy myself.. he's a mutt..
4. Why do polar bears not moo? ~ cows moo.. Polar bears roar and growl.. I love them though and think they are beautiful.. When Mason and I went to New Mexico the second time he came home and told everyone that he and I "swam with the polar bears at the Albuquerque Zoo" it was blazing hot and if we wouldn't have become bear fodder I might have given it a shot.. they have the coolest Polar bear exhibit I have ever seen..
5. Why do people let doves fly at their weddings?~ It is said that doves bring good fortune and a happy home for newlyweds.. Doves also choose one mate and mate for life.. I have a pair of doves but I am beginning to wonder if they like each other.. maybe they don't like me OR even their cage.. I hoped they would lay eggs and multiply.. so far they just coo at me..
6. Why are no two snowflakes alike? ~ I am going to say because God made them all different so that we would have something to wonder about.. sorta like each of us are different and unique in our own way..
7. Why do people want things that don't work? (ads in newspapers - like junk batteries wanted)~ I actually know this because I read about it on a blog.. people use old batteries for solar power systems in their homes.. They have a solar panel that charges the batteries then they watch TV.. compute.. even cook with free power.. and let me add that if My electric bill continues to rise I might have one of those please give me your junk battery adds myself!
8. Why do we have to wear shoes at school?~ I hate shoes too.. maybe so other folks can't see how ugly some people's feet are? Come on no9w.. you know you have seen people with ugly toes or scaley feet..
9. Why do people wear socks with sandals?~ Hmm I don't know<~~~ glad you can't see me with my toe socks and flip flops!
10. Why do we always want bear hugs? ~ I don't.. bears scare me..Haha..
11. Why do dogs lick people's toes? And why do they like to lick lotion?~ what kind of dog do you have that just licks stuff? That is why I don't give dog sugar to my pup.. no telling where his mouth was last!
12. Why do people get this little thing pierced ~ as she points to the little thing on her ear. ~ I got my ears pierced because I liked wearing ear rings.. now I'm older I barely ever remember to put any thing in the holes.. what I hate is when folks have straws or other stuff in their ear holes.. I saw a girl at the mall last week with the ties from bread bags in her ears..
13. Why do dogs like to eat out of litter boxes?~ yuck.. glad I don't have a litter box!
14. Have you ever eaten a sandwich that had really weird things in it? ~ No but my nephew once brought me coffee with bird seed in it..
15. Why isn't snow purple?~ because it is white... I have seen yellow snow once though..
16. When the earth was made why was the sky made blue? ~ I think maybe things were made different colors so we could tell them apart and plus to give us something to ask questions about when we got thirteen and fifteen!
17. Why do cats like laser lights?~ I think maybe cats are just crazy like that..
18. When someone invented Santa Clause, why did they make him fat?~ Jolly and round sound better than jolly and skinny.. plus how could a skinny belly shake like jelly?
19. What do you think Santa does when he's not making toys?~ I think he plants a summer garden and reads to his grandkids and cuddles with the Mrs! Plus sneeking around looking for bad kids takes a lot of time!... or maybe he goes to the bar and eats free peanuts?
20. Why is it that suddenly I don't care anymore? ~ I don't know.. suddenly I could care less too!
21. Why are the healthiest things for you most expensive?~ I'd like to know this myself.. maybe when you find out you will share with the rest of us!
Wow.. for teens they ask some pretty tough questions.. I did my best to keep from being a smart hiney since I am figureing the kids might read this.. wouldn't it be something if that affliction stuck and I quit being a smart butt forever? ~~~> shuddering<~~~ could that happen? Nah.. I am me and a smart butt too.. Have a good night!