Monday, March 8, 2010

Moody Monday!

"Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing." ~ Denis Waitley

"Making eye contact with adults while dressed as a clown is risky."
~ Doug Coupland

"Marrying for love may be a bit risky, but it is so honest that God can't help but smile on it."
~ Josh Billings
************************************




Today's word for Moody Monday is Risk Taking
(or what I personally would call risky!) Taking risks is defined as~
•exposure to the chance of injury or loss; hazard:
•put oneself in danger
•hazard; venture


Tana and Maya bravely climb to the top of the ancient sight where the Pueblo people once lived.. Maya doesn't seem to be afraid of anything at all.. At least not of heights.. she is an excellent climber of rocks and waterfalls as well as ladders!

Here are Anthony and Cooper also at Bandelier National Monument.. I was quick to inform them that I would have loved to have gone there... having read a book about the people who once lived there I would have loved to have seen it too.. on the other hand I am old and a lot less likely to take risks.. I may have just slowed them down.. maybe I'm getting to old for risky living..

New Mexico has a lot of rocks and I seem to have sons who think they need to climb every single one.. aside from being risky.. this photograph of Cooper standing on a giant rock reminds me just how small each of us are in the grand scheme of things..

I guess it is safe to say that I would never be able to climb to the top of those rocks.. but I do admit that the view from there has got to be spectacular.. I wonder if my sons could carry me up there? Or would that be too risky?
Have a great night!
Patsy










3 comments:

Kcalpesh said...

Brave people! Certainly not scared of heights! Superb shots and a great adventure!

Pixellicious Photos

Big Time said...

They might not carry you but I would at least try. Have a good day.

Camella Black said...

Well you'd never catch me up there that is for sure! I did good and made myself cross the rope bridge at Look Out Mtn.

As far as taking risks, I took a huge one 30 plus years ago when I decided to give marriage a second shot and said yes when Frank asked me to marry him... it was worth it.