Thursday, March 11, 2010

Write a What?? What?? What??

"Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you, and just before you realize what's wrong with it."
~ Rex Harrison

"No iron can pierce the heart with such force as a period put just at the right place."
~ Isaac Babel


"Let thy speech be short, comprehending much in a few words."
~ Ecclesiastics
*************************************
I think you will agree that these forms of acrostic poems might make you stop and say ..
"write a WHAT!"
That was my first thought when I glanced at the assignment for my on-line poetry writing class at Allpoetry.com..
they were actually very easy to write and I'll bet that most of you could even write your own..
each one has a hidden word or message in them.
The first one.. a mesostich~ has a word hidden right down the middle.. I chose my own name and then wrote the poem to fit what I feel about my own name..
The second one was even easier.. known as a Telestich~ it has a message or a word along the ending letters of each line.. for this one I used the word spider as I sat and gazed at one out the window.. I am quiet fond of spiders.. especially the giant green garden spiders that share the spaces beneath the trees here with us.. I do in fact have a spider tattoo on my shoulder..
The final form for this assignment was called a Cross acrostic.. it has a message or word spread across the poem.. the first letter of the first line.. the second letter on the second line and so on and so on and so on.. I have a saying.. I don't get angry.. I get even.. and this third acrostic talks about the pleasure we can get from plotting a new evenness!
I hope you enjoy the short poems for tonight and I hope today was a good day for you..
I know I have been missing a lot lately.. I continue to plan for Emily's upcoming wedding..
Have a great Night!
Patsy
*************************************


mesostich~ word- Patsy


I am~

honey Perhaps
please not patty nor pat
sweetheart if you must
it is easy to say
give it a try say my name

written BY: Patricia Sawyer
2-1-2010

*****************************************


telestich~ word-spider

A Tangled Web

sunrise glitters on dewy drops
that rest on the lace... bottom and top
am I afraid.. oh no not I
I would never raise my hand
not to slap nor swipe
one just like you adorns my shoulder.

written By: Patricia Sawyer
2-1-2010
*************************************


cross acrostic~ word revenge

I Never Anger~

Reality sparks
feelings of anger
waves of hatred
sweet thoughts
we can plot
seeing a new way
even the score


Written By:
Patricia Sawyer
2-1-2010
**************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Revenge is definitely my favorite of these...Vengeance is mine saith the Lord (but can I please borrow it just for a moment?)