Monday, May 17, 2010

Moody Moody Monday!

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." ~ Elisabeth Foley

"The just is close to the people's heart, but the merciful is close to the heart of God." ~ Kahlil Gibran

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale." ~ Zig Ziglar




Moody Monday is a photo challenge that asks us each week to post photo's on their chosen theme.. this weeks theme is Close.. Close is defined by them as follows..

•being in or having proximity in space or time
•marked by similarity in degree, action, feeling, etc.
•having the parts or elements near to one another

I have chosen a few photo's to share for my own versions of CLOSE!


CLOSE to the water.. CLOSE to the edge..

"Hey!.. doesn't CLOSE count in hand grenades and horse shoes?.."

We are CLOSE to getting ice cream.. scrunch in CLOSE together now.. You children don't get too CLOSE to the railing!..

A little too CLOSE for comfort?

CLOSE to the top!

Close to time...Close together.. My CLOSEST friend.. Come a little CLOSER!
#################################################
Today I have been CLOSE to the ditch..CLOSE to the road..CLOSE to getting rooster spurred..CLOSE to catching my dove.. CLOSE to loosing my temper... CLOSE to loosing my cool and CLOSE to choking a few people and an animal or two.. I decided not to show photo's of those CLOSE things.. Choosing instead to show happy CLOSE things.. Just for good measure I even wrote a short acrostic poem about CLOSE~ I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog tonight.. Remember the old saying... "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" .. Have a great night!
Patsy



Close

Crazy life crowded with pain
Loving and leaving not ever again
On the run from feelings and winning the race
Suddenly you're there.. invading my space
Echos of laughter as close as can be
~ as love everlasting closes in on me
Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-17-2010

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Great post today Patsy! I love your poem!! Thanks for sharing!

Lin said...

I like how you point out that "close" can be good and bad. I hope you get that dove one of these days!