Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three Things I'll Share for Thursday!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." ~ John Wayne

"If you can't stand solitude, perhaps others find you boring as well."
~ Mark Twain

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." ~ Theodore Roosevelt


######################################################

It is Thursday and that usually means I share three things with you.. I could share some of my unwelcome .. boring.. most likely mean and nasty.. thoughts right now or I could just let my poetry speak for itself tonight.. I could really do both.. I guess.. I do try and put a little of myself into my writing.. You can't help it really it just flows from you right into the pen and then before you know it.. there it is.. just what you hadn't meant to say.. in black and white.. on the other hand.. don't be fooled .. I think most of us usually say exactly what we mean.. I hope that tonight.. what ever burdens you bear.. that you will find rest.. Have a great night!
Patsy

#############################


I See

a smug sneering fiend
stares back at me from within~
I close the compact

Written by: Patricia Sawyer
5-25-2010



#################################


Miser

poor firstborn races
poverty held safe in jars
I wallow in dimes

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-25-2010



##################################


From the Ashes


warned you..
or at least I tried..

Won't say I told ya though..
wouldn't listen..

they don't know..
even if they knew.. they don't..

trust.. the first thing to go..
last thing to die.. trusted to the end.. you did

nothing wrong with trust.. did it myself once..
won't catch me out there again.. you trust yourself..

hush now.. freedom brings a stiff price..
you paid yours and gave some for good measure..

I say time served..
and served well from what I saw..

but you let gones stay gones.. lay down the fans..
Let the roaring flames lie still..

for down is not out.. and out is not over..
Life is hope..and hope holds on when all else has given in..

And be reminded... every phoenix that hopes to fly..
must first rise up from the ashes...

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-26-2010


###########################################

No comments: