Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday.. Today My Words May Not Be Wise!

"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." ~ John Wooden

"Life is a four-letter word." ~ Lenny Bruce

"Payday came and with it beer." ~ Rudyard Kipling

<><><><><><><><><><>

Micro-Fiction Monday

"Tear that wall down immediately you dim-witted fool!
I never said BUILD a TOWER OVER HER. I said.. so perfectly tiny.. I tower over her.."


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>




Haiku Heights ~ Prompt # 13- serenity


October Night


serenity seeps
silently claiming my soul~
counting stars we lie

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-18-2010
<><><><><><><><><><>

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I am hoping for a better week than we had last week.. I woke feeling yucky and haven't wavered in my opinion that this day would be long and tiring.. I hate that I often wake up in a mood that sets the tone for a not so good day.. maybe I should set my science minded son on a search for a cure for those woke up with the ear ache had a bad dream can't get my nose to blow all around bad first thing in the mornings... I will hope for a better tomorrow.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy


11 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

Patricia,
This is a really funny take on our MM this week! You have a great sense of humor!



~Jean

Sumit Sarkar said...

Nice...
loved it... :)

Pat said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the morning laugh!

Jingle said...

love counting stars.
cute Haiku.

hope said...

Ah, good help is so hard to find. :O

Diane said...

Whoopsie!!!! :O)

Madeleine said...

Excellent take on the micro monday and I enjoyed the haiku too :O)

evenstarwen said...

Awesome! I laughed my ass off on this one. Off with his head!

Olivia said...

Patsy Dear, you are a sweet one and this Haiku is just a piece of your being so nice.. xx

Olivia said...

Hello, how are you?
you are invited to join our poetry community, a place for poets to share and encourage.
Please check us out at:
Jingle Poetry : http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/
Our Monday Poetry Potluck is open from Sunday 8pm to Wednesday, 8am.
Write a poem fitting our week 7 theme (love and romance), post it, and link in to our potluck post as soon as we are open, that's how you get the best possible feedback.
We value your contribution and cherish your poetry talent.
Let me know if you have further questions..Hope to see you then.
xoxox

Margaret said...

Nice one - it made me smile.