Thursday, October 7, 2010

Three Things for Thursday!

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
~ Buddha

"My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop."
~ Winston Churchill

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
~ Robert Frost

<><><><><><>><><><>

Tricksters

short pirate braying
one-horned horse falls apart
the tail chases ghosts

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-4-2010
<><><><<><>><><><>

Skull Rack

pale naked head bones
grim remains of sacrifice
the horse heads hang low

written by: Patricia Sawyer
10-4-2010

<><><><><><><><><><>

Thursday, October 7, 2010
Thursday Thunks: Sneaking Out

The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of a pumpkin pie and the number 3333.

1. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who were you meeting and why?
-- I snuck out once before I was grown up.. I wasn't meeting any one.. I was going to fetch my cigarettes that I had to hide fast when Daddy almost caught me smoking.. On the other hand I used to dress the little ones up in crazy costumes and sneak them out and around to knock on the front door and scare My dad.. or at least he pretended to be scared.. I know once he thought my tiny sister was an old lady and he told me I should never do that again..

2. Tell us about the last time that you got your heart broken. Extra points if you publish their naked photo.-- I only wish I had that photo.. My heart has been broken so much that it is nothing now but duct tape and superglue.. I quit keeping count a long time ago so.. you don't really want to know anyway..

3. Tell us about someone you know named Bob. (Yes, we know this is a stupid question. Stupid is what we do best.) -- I know a few Bob's but the first one that came to mind was an old guy who is married to my sisters Mother-in-law.. what can I say about him?... hmm.. he is a nice old guy who builds awesome radio controlled airplanes..

4. We just found the perfect retail space. We are giving you the store. What’s its name and what do you sell?-- my store would have to be called "Patsy's Plunder" and I have a lot of junk I could sell .. including handmade baby hats.. doll clothes.. tea sets.. dolls.. shot glasses and what ever other plunder I can round up.. Maybe a quilt or two from my Mom and many other crafts and goodies..

5. Tell us about your last “friend with benefits".-- My kids and Family would say I never had one of those... I am going to let them believe that!

6. Kimber worries a lot. What was the last thing that you worried about?-- I can always find something to worry about.. money.. laundry.. was my chicken any good to eat.. I think the last thing was are my puppies eating enough..

7. Do you believe “once a cheater, always a cheater”?-- Sadly I do.. and I don't like cheating of any kind.. so don't cheat me at Old Maid or I won't play with you ever again..

8. Tell us about moving out of your parent’s home. Who did you move in with?-- I got married and moved into my own home with my first husband..we stayed together a lifetime.. he was my "baby daddy" three times over.. but I don't play old maid with him any more..

9. What was your most recent regret? -- I don't do regret very well.. I try to think things through so that I don't have to regret.. I haven't had any recently..

10. Berleen recently ranted on face book about having to got to parent-teacher conferences when your child has great grades. What was the stupidest meeting that you most recently endured? -- I always hated any kind of school meeting.. most of my time now is spent at home being a hermit..

11. Do you collect anything?-- I collect poems and quotes and recipe books and just books and dolls and tea sets and shot glasses and bottles and stuff and crochet patterns and more stuff.. yea I guess I collect anything..

12. Has anyone ever told you that you were in the wrong job?-- I have been told I should be a writer and a comedian and so many other weird things..

13. Is there something that you’d like to complete before the end of 2010? -- I have some craft things going that I would like to finish.. I pretty much take life one day at the time..
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

And as a bonus because I didn't get to it last night...

3 Word Wednesday~

a septolet...


The Bouncer-

no hint
of his lust
as arms akimbo
he watches
beauties twirl

a glistening sheen
along his upper lip

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-7-2010

<><><><><><><><><><>

Thanks for visiting my blog today.. I hope you have enjoyed your stop by my silly world.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy

6 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

A nice assortment of words and imagery. Enjoyed this post!

Nanka said...

Seems to be having a great time just standing and staring :)

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

great poem, I could see it all play out.

pace through life said...

hi. you might want to join me and my friends by writing your own LIFE LIST or BUCKET LIST.

http://pacethroughlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/writing-my-life-list.html

we would love to see your insights. thanks=)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

your words are so brilliant.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/thursday-poets-rally-week-31-october-21-27/
I invite you to attend Thursday Poets Rally week 31
let me know when you are ready.
Thanks a lot.