Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday.. I'm Ready For a Fresh Start!..

" I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done." ~ Lucille Ball

" Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have. "
~ Norman Vincent Peale

" I haven't got as much money as some folks, but I've got as much impudence as any of them, and that's the next thing to money. "
~ Josh Billings

= = = = = = = = = =
Magpie Tales #64 ~  A Haibun



















Enticed

It was foolish of me to follow a stranger south of the border in search of a story ... The half-masked bandits were taking no mercy on any of us.. and though I had never expected a cake walk.. I surely didn't relish becoming just another missing American.. Straddling the scratchy back of a stubborn mule .. I fingered my secret box of matches and prayed that my children would remember me...

ancient photograph
a glimpse of innocence lost ~
forest fires smoulder

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-2-2011





Haiku Heights- innocence
Sunday Scribblings- cake
One Single Impression- border
3 Word Wednesday- foolish-mercy-relish

= = = = = = = = = =

Project 365- A Photo a Day!

we had a great day at the beach!                                                                      

= = = = = = = = = =

 May Day

cherry blossoms burst
blue feathers line a new nest
Madam pens haiku


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-2-2011

= = = = = = = = = = =

Thanks for stopping by my blog today .. I know I have been missing for a while and I am sorry for that.. It seems like when life takes a tumble it rolls and rolls for the longest time.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy

15 comments:

Kathe W. said...

interesting scary tale

brenda w said...

I enjoyed the whole bit. Creativity runs through your post. I like the voice in the first part of Enticed. The haiku fits.

Other Mary said...

You combined the prompts so smoothly. Not forced, but natural and compelling.

Reflections said...

A bit of evil dwells within all of us... but to what expense are we willing to pay for that story?

Brilliantly shared.

Unknown said...

Your story is terrific! I AM impressed by your ability to tell a coherent tale while using seemingly disparate prompts. Nice Job!
Here is Mine:
http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/05/02/the-other-side/

Altonian said...

Really interesting post. 'Enticed' gave many suggestions around which we can weave our own, fuller tale.

Martin said...

Very nice writing.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Wow! Loved the pictures. Where were you at the beach there?

Tess Kincaid said...

Dark and chilling. Loved it.

The Write Girl said...

Your first haiku is quite powerful and raw. Your second haiku May Day is so sweet. Love those lines!

Isabel Doyle said...

very clever responses to all those prompts

Patti said...

I love the way all the prompts tie into one another. Your first haiku has me wondering and thinking... great job!

Steve Isaak said...

Reader-grabbing tale.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading the Haiku n the tale..you really have a way with little words. Keep it coming!

Tumblewords: said...

Fantastic haibun. A fine read.