"Being 'weird' is one of the most best complements you could ever give someone. If no one in the world was weird, everything would be normal, and that's boring. Be different. Stand out. Be the sore thumb that got hammered a couple times by a heavy mallet. Be that sole bird that's flying in the exact opposite direction everyone else is and hasn't a clue it's winter." ~ Sarah Palermo
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." ~ Dan Quayle
"Is it weird in here or is it just me?" ~ Stephen Wright
1. If your boss says, "I would like to talk to you about your Internet usage" what would your first reaction be? ~ Wow what an opening that would be.. I have kinda wanted to ask for permission to get on-line while I'm sitting there in the lobby waiting for a customer to come in or call. I haven't wanted to be told no so I have been just waiting for the right moment. They think I'm just a weird "OLD" Lady so they most likely don't think I know diddly squat about the Internet. I'm not sure they know diddly squat about the Internet. I do know they have AOL on the computer though.. I looked!.. I could offer to give him some blog time for the lodge huh? Maybe I'll use the office computer and give his Hotel a shout out on my blog!? I could maybe talk it up into an advertising scheme and get a few minutes every day. I might have to try that! They would be surprised at how well the internet and I get along... (For an Old Lady I mean!)
2. If your SO asks you "Does this make me look fat?" how do you answer? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the "SO" stands for significant other. I hate that term. I don't have a significant other. I married Mine.. He's my Husband.. We have papers on each other. I wish Y'all could see me rolling around here laughing at the very idea of Dave asking me if something makes him look fat... He is very thin. I on the other hand would be more likely to know that everything makes me look fat because I am fat. Dave lies and says I'm not fat.. I know I am.. At least plump if not truly fat.. Dave fat... what a concept .. what a weird thought! I will be laughing about this till next week...
3. What is one thing that you pay for, but resent having to do so? I am stingy.. I hate having to pay for everything. I raise my own vegetables and put them in jars. I raise chickens so I don't have to pay for eggs. I even pickle eggs... and those chickens know I'll eat them too if they don't lay.. I tell them so every day.. I call them noodle soup or pot pie if they miss a day.... I reckon if I could only pick one thing I would say the Internet. I personally think it should be free. Maybe I could work something out with my boss......
4. A day is being created in honor of you. How should we celebrate it? If you really want to honor me you should take a whole day and spend it with someone you love.. Plant something if you can... A tree would be good but I'll settle for anything green... I love flowers too but please don't buy me dead ones.. ( and yes that includes all cut flowers!) I'd rather have a living growing maybe even, blooming plant or even a package of seeds. We could call it Patsy's weird planting day and a special prize could be bestowed upon who ever chooses the strangest planter. I have tires of all sizes and the tubs from washing machines and dryers, old mop buckets, coolers, Baskets and barrels, and even a couple of freezers all growing stuff here in my home made jungle!
5. What CD or Album in your music collection do you secretly enjoy, but would be embarrassed if others heard you grooving to it? I have nothing I am embarrassed by or ashamed to have.. Not music or a book or anything at all. If I was ashamed of it I wouldn't have it.. On the other hand I do still have all my Donny Osmond albums from my teen years. I used to be good at pulling them out when My children had friends over. They would roll their eyes and drag their friends away before the albums ever got to the good songs. I might even drag down the old record player and listen to them now that I have thought of them. A little " Down by the Lazy River" and a Little " He ain't heavy; He's my Brother" might be just what I need tonight.
6. How long do you think you would last if you were a contestant on Survivor? I have often wondered that very same thing. I would never have tried before because I smoked but I haven't smoked now in so long I almost forgot that I used to. I could make fire.. yes I know a trick.. I am not afraid of hard work and I am pretty smart about plants ' I know not to eat anything that the birds don't eat..... I am also a normally well liked person... I am good with puzzles and trick questions... I am funny so that might get me a day or two extra. The bugs and snakes I wouldn't mind but it would be my luck I would be put down some where that has rats. Me and rats don't like each other. I can swim but I am not a great swimmer.. Hold on~ can I get on "Big Brother House" instead? They have peanut butter on there. I can back-stab and bull shit with the best of them.. and I bet there are no Mice in the "Big Brother House!" I might even be too plump for Survivor. I'm sure that the rag they all wear for a top is going to make me look fat! I wouldn't want to look fat on national TV now would I? Maybe I'll just pass on the contestant thing all around!
Well there you go.. I have answered all the weirdness questions for today. I personally have had a rather long and tiring day and have planned an early night. I have listened to two of my old Osmond albums and have quiet enjoyed thinking about how my children and my nieces and nephews use to consider it a terrible punishment to be made to listen to these wonderful sounds of music. I have heard music where I actually understood the words. That is a novelty in this day and age.. They also wrote songs with more than just the repetitive sounds of two or three words back then. I'm going to leave the record player out.. One of the children or grand children might happen by and I will play my records for them.. I bet they will run! How weird is that? Have a wonderful Wednesday!