Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Week has Come and Gone!

" An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." ~ Martin Buber


"I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean." ~ Socrates


"Ordering a man to write a poem is like commanding a pregnant woman to give birth to a red-headed child." ~Carl Sandburg


===========================


Project 365~ a Photo every day!



===========================



Three Word Wednesday-- Evident/ Illusion / Tragic


Redemption Nigh-


attention details
uncertain tales spill wildly
almost poetic

blood red fills the glass
tiny droplets stain the floor
best enemies look away

tragic illusion
fierce involvement evident
six friends bear witness

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
4-13-2011




Haiku Heights- Prompt #38 Nigh-




==============================


Have you wondered where I am?... I have been gone from my blog for way to long.. Life has been pretending that I am a yo yo.. tossing me this way and that.. sometimes even letting me sleep as it plans it's next attack.. Today I discovered my husbands drill abandoned and took out my frustrations on baskets.. boards.. buckets and even a rake.. hoping that the something different might exercise my angers.. cool my fires.. still my thundering thoughts.. silence is often the best charge.. but it was not to be.. I am still feeling mean and vindictive.. Tomorrow I will leave the drill alone and attack the yard with a rake instead.. Maybe if I can't calm my spirit.. I can wear it out instead.. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. I welcome comments and followers.. Have a great day!

Patsy

7 comments:

Isabel Doyle said...

I really liked the best enemies - and that was before I read your comment below. Have you tried writing furiously? It sometimes helps ...

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly happy to discover this. great job!

Helen said...

Three stazas - perfectly composed haiku! Wonderful..

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

Powerful - nicely done!

Trellissimo said...

Very neat haiku.

Steve Isaak said...

Great verse-tale work, highly entertaining.

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

stunning entry.


beautiful write…

Invite you to join poets rally week 42 by sharing a free verse today.

You will love the encouragements you get once you are in and make commitment.

Your poetry rocks!

awards for you!