Friday, November 4, 2011

Cooler.. But A Good Day!

" The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."  - Mark Twain

= = = = =

Project 365- A Photo a Day



= = = = =

2011 November Pad Chapbook Challenge- Day 3

Besotted

It is sort of like fishing
you gather bait.. set the hook
Then you reel them in..
wait where did I leave my pole?

Pole cats.. Pole ax.. Pole vault too..
that was my second career choice
Ballet was my first.. but...
Daddy said I needed to be a writer.

Writers.. My brother Jimmy said..
were.. every single one.. a liar!
I was paid a few times for my lies..
and I am proud to have given it a shot..

A shot.. that's what I was about to do
get a shot.. That flue shot is a nasty thing..
but a tequila shot is another ballgame
Now.. Bar tender... where did I put the lime?

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-04-2011


Tuesday Try Outs - Write a poem of four quatrains that contains no adjectives, no adverbs, no similes, and the word “lime”... I am pretty sure that I didn't do this quiet right..  I have the four quatrains.. and the word Lime if that counts at all..?.. I did want to post though because I love the prompts offered here..


= = = = = 



















Photo by : Marie Claire Saint Maux

Lily's Friday Prediction- Passport / rent / interrupt

Beloved

Derek watched the beetle scuttle across the factory floor.. Desert sands had drifted through the busted walls filling much of the space.. Sarah had text-ed him earlier whining about the rent and how fat her passport picture made her look.. He had laughed at her promises to turn back time.. He didn't care if she got her girlish figure back or not .. He wasn't going home .. Smiling at the dainty tidbit spread before him.. He prayed that this time he wouldn't be interrupted.. Sliding two bullets into the revolver.. he shucked his fatigues.. and whispered "beloved"  

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-4-2011

= = = = = 


Into the Woods

pine scent tickles my nose
pressed into the straw
heart and soul crying
all along the hill top I  searched
for a place to hide and heal 
slipping and sliding I  landed here
no boxes littered this little bowl
I  hear the sliders squeal 
I  hear his angry shouts
face lowered to the earth
I give thanks for the treasure
I had overlooked so many times
in my haste to be king of the hill
As freight trains shake
our make believe mountain
I fall asleep in my safe haven..

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-04-2011

= = = = =

Friday Fill Ins


And...here we go!

1. In November, I most look forward to _our birthdays.. Dave's and Mine__.

2. __It is cold out there for dog fetching__...phew!

3. It's right there, in the __way.. where you left it_.

4. __It's hard to find_ peace of mind.

5. Water _boils and bubbles__.

6. _What's good for the goose_ is what my grandmother used to say!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _working on some writing projects__, tomorrow my plans include _treasure hunting and photographs__ and Sunday, I want to _go to Church__!

= = = = =

Thanks for stopping by.. I welcome comments and followers and really love to know who has visited me.. 
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Patsy







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff [it's the end of a long day. My vocabulary suffers]. The lime poem was fun. I enjoyed watching how you got to the end from the beginning. And then I started reading your other posts. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thank you.

margo