Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday.. a Good Day..

" Worrying is less work than doing something to fix the worry. Everyone wants to save the earth, nobody wants to help mom with the dishes. " - P. J. O'Rourke

= = = = =

Project 365-



Dave wonders how much this big guy eats in a day.. I wonder if Dave will let me have one?
= = = = =

Magpie on Monday




Enduring

sweet passions fleeting
no seed of love to take hold
hourglass obsessions

life is good to me
your dream is my command
till all chairs empty

hate quick to muster
from the fountain I have drank
unhitched from grace

grains of sand timing
desperate souls dance with joy
sweet passions fleeting


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-14-2011

Haiku Wednesday- fleeting
Sunday Scribbling #293 - life is good
Haiku Heights #94- obsession
One Single Impression #194 - Hourglass
3 Word Wednesday- drank / hitch / muster

= = = = =


The Ride

waking bruised and weary
a nightmare on my mind
I had peddled all night long
as Grandma perched behind
up and down the hills we flew
to places far and near
I’d just set down to ponder all
when the Telephone bell I hear
My Grandma had favor
and asks me please please please
to check my new banana seat
for what had had skinned her knees..


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-08-2011


= = = = =

Thanks for stopping by.. I welcome both comments and followers..
Have a great day!
Patsy

9 comments:

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

some divine thoughts on your magpie,

also love your Haiku.

:)

Rashmi said...

Beautiful Magpie.......

Anonymous said...

loved the haiku and the inspirations

Dave King said...

I think Enduring will endure with me for a long while to come. I know it will.

Brian Miller said...

nice...the 'hate quick to muster' verse is so true when we unhitch from grace...

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

love your take on this...

JJRod'z

MaryA said...

I really enjoyed The Ride.
Also a nice use of the three words for Wednesday in the first poem.

Ruchi Jain said...

unique one...

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Obsession on the one hand, hourglass on the other--what a dilemma!

My Obsession