Sunday, November 22, 2009

Rain .. Rain.. Rain.. COLD rain!

"The good writer seems to be writing about himself, but has his eye always on that thread of the Universe which runs through himself and all things." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Wait until you are hungry to say something, until there is an aching in you to speak."
~Natalie Goldberg

"Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain." ~ Billie Holiday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has rained and rained all day.. I have piddled around inside.. pickling quail eggs and besides that doing not much of anything all day.. I went through some old pictures..I have planned the foods I will carry to the poetry club feast tomorrow night and even wrote the poems that they assigned for us to bring with us.. I even wrote a poem for my class on AllPoetry.com.. I had waited and waited for months before writing this poem.. It wasn't that I didn't understand the concept.. I just couldn't decide on two words..

Acrosteleostics~ the third form of acrostic poem.. two words or two messages..one highlighted on each side..

I know the words love and hate have been used poetically for centuries.. I racked my brain to think of different words.. finally today as the rain fell outside I just wrote the poem that came to me when I first got the assignment.. I like it.. I hope you do to.. have a great day!
Patsy


What a Difference a Day Makes



Loyal listener.. perfect friend..
keeper of my secrets..
I feared you knew not your wort
H!

Offering your shoulder...
my burdens to bear..
How we laughed at life's Dram
A.

Velvet lies dripped from your tongue..
enticing a confession of my Love..
I prayed that we never par
T.

Enchanted by your smile..
infatuated by your embrace..
I gave to you my lov
E

-----------------

How could you..
You knew what my heart felt..
I loved you so wel
L.


Affection dead and buried..
remorse holds my hand..
my trust just an empty ech
O.


Tenderness has deserted me..
callousness floods my soul..
I would have your heart on a shi
V.


Emotionless I see the real you..
my devotion dead..vengeance flickers
I step across the fine line
I shower you with hat
E!

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-22-2009














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a cold rainy day. I like your poem. It triggers some deep thinking. hmmm....
~loves2ride

Torilpia said...

That is a beautiful poem - you're really good at writing poems :o)

Hopefully the weather will be better at your place soon - today we have wonderful weather here in the middle of Norway. A little bird told me it's just temporarily ..

If you like - you can visit my blog at http://mybigwhitebook.blogspot.com/

I really apprciate your blog and try to visit regularly. Added you to my list - hope that's ok.

Have a wonderful day!!

Big Time said...

Hey, Patsy!

I love you and I don't hate that everybody knows....

Reuben

joanna said...

interesting site...:) have a great day