Monday, November 16, 2009

A Moody Monday.. Whimsical Day!

"Fashion is a tyrant from which there is no deliverance; all must conform to its whimsical."
~ French Proverb

"Everybody is so rushed, they don't take time for the whimsical... the light."
~ Mark Allen

"It was just a whimsical idea that escalated when so many crazy ladies took it up."
~ Rudi Gernreich


Moody Monday challenges us today to find a photo for the wonderful mood of Whimsical...

~Whimsical~ Given to whimsy; capricious; odd; peculiar; playful; light-hearted or amusing...
Following no predictable pattern...

reading the definition of whimsical I imagined a picture of myself fitting the word perfectly.. I would also include photo's of elves and fairy god mothers and pumpkin carriages.. and knights in shining armor.. but I am all out of photo's o
f those things at the moment..and so my search
for something whimsical begins...


a zebra print cake adorned
with pink flowers... and spiraling sprigs of silver... Whimsical? Yes it is..


though he appears to have left his armor back at the castle...
I am betting that for this one special moment in time.. this young man could almost imagine himself to have been a knight... dancing with a beautiful birthday princess....we all know there is nothing more magical than a candle lit dance at your sweet sixteen party.. trees glittering with tiny white lights...and a balloon covered dance floor... very whimsical and magical indeed!!...
and perfect for a special sweet sixteen party.. Happy Birthday Lindsay!!



And finally while searching for
something whimsical I came across this fun and amusing
Photo of my youngest brother and our wonderfully whimsical nephew...
I do believe that they think they can fly...

Judging by the image on the cape I am guessing Grayson to be Spiderman... I do wonder though... what hero would Reuben be??

Life is hard.. we work and work and fight daily to make ends meet.. sometimes we need a little whimsy.. a little absurd.. a little fun.. if the whimsical comes your way.. even if just for a minute.. enjoy it! Step away from the daily grind and enjoy a moment of pure whimsical fun.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy


5 comments:

Lee said...

Love this post...especially the picture of your daughter...

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

Oh I love that cake!!

Lin said...

Sweet photos today, pally. Ah, love!

Unknown said...

great whimsical post patsy! sweet sixteen...ah, memories. looks like a great party.

hugz!

Pblacksaw said...

Lee~ thanks.. she is a beauty but is my niece..

Storm~ isn't it just the cutest thing.. Whimsical for sure..

Lin~ thanks.. yes Love at 16 is sweet.. My Daddy would call that Puppy love..

PJ~ memories indeed I bypassed my sweet sixteen party and got married instead.. Thankfully my niece has no wedding plans.. the party was great we dance the cupid shuffle a dozen times I think.. I really think the kids just wanted to laugh at us old folks..

Thanks to all who have visited here today! have a great week!
Patsy