Monday, July 26, 2010

I Hoped for Rain...

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton

"A rose must remain with the sun and the rain or its lovely promise won't come true."
~ Ray Evans

"Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain."
~ Billie Holiday




I hoped for rain today.. the sky darkened and threatened me with a storm.. the frogs bellowed from inside the wind chime pipes.. calling desperately for rain...

~ Dave and I welcomed a few cooling drops as we scattered feed for the chickens.. raining with the sun out.. supposedly a promise of a shower tomorrow too.. the few drops rejuvenating to us even as Buzz ran for cover inside his dog house...I even set out some buckets to catch the rain water.. Thunder rolled across the sky and the wind blew.. carrying the needed rain somewhere else... I love the soothing sound of rain.. I love to walk in it's refreshing patter.. It is desperately hot and dry here.. I will have to look for Cooper's prized rain stick and give it a gentle shake.. Maybe with its help I can charm a storm to stop here for a little while.. Have a great night!
Patsy



The Rain Stick

unkempt heads wailing
lively feet dance and stomp~
soothing raindrops fall

written by: Patricia Sawyer
7-26-2010


**********


Sudden Storm

broken flip flop rests
outside sandy castle walls
perhaps, the clouds break

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
7-1-2010

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

We got lots of rain last night that the roof is leaking...Did you finally get some too?