Monday, July 19, 2010

Musical Monday!..

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." ~ Aldous Huxley

"All music is beautiful."
~ Billy Strayhorn

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~ Berthold Auerbach


********************


Moody Monday.. July 19-2010

musical

•of, pertaining to, or producing music: a musical instrument
•of the nature of or resembling music; melodious; harmonious
•fond of or skilled in music.
•just generally a bit bagpipey

I love music.. I used to sing pretty good.. but age has changed that..sadly the only musical instrument I can actually play is a very old turn-table record player.. I even suck at playing the radio.. I always hear static.. like it dares to not stop in the right spot... But I do have a few good records left that don't have scratches.. I really need some more records to all who might want to send me some.. Dave and all of the kids play the guitar video games with a guitar controller and drums too.. My hands won't even try to work like that..

Dave has a guitar.. I love to hear him try to play it.. He can play a few songs.. Cooper can play it a
tiny bit too.. I tried to learn to play too.. though I can do a pretty good Yankee doodle strum...
My hands really don't work like that either... ~ ...

.... ~ We bought this ancient piano at an auction the first year we were married.. we hate it and love it.. It's old and huge and heavy.. Missing some ivory it can still belt out a tune.. I would love to have it restored.. All three of my sisters could play it.. Cooper and Dave each sit down and pound out little songs here and there.. My first Cousin's Son.. Joey.. he plays the devil out of it every once in a while.. Mary..( My second sister).. tried to teach me to play piano when I was a little girl.. I tried and tried and did actually play some little beginners song once.. But I must say that My hands didn't work well at that either..

I love anything musical.. I have wind chimes hanging all over my house..
~ the fan and air conditioner vents blow gentle breezes across them.. constantly playing little tinkling songs.. I have them in almost every room.. I also have a bunch of them outside to catch the winds that might come blowing through.. I love to hear them bonging from the clothesline posts in a windy thunderstorm.. or whispering soft sounds from above the ducks cage.. I often touch them as I pass.. causing them to sway and play music for a few seconds.. I always smile as I walk on to where ever I was headed.. finally I have found something musical that my hands can play!! Have a wonderful Musical night!!
Patsy

No comments: