Friday, September 16, 2011

Cool with a Threat of Drizzle...

" Fainthearted animals move about in herds. The lion walks alone in the desert. Let the poet always
   walk thus. " ~  Alfred Victor Vigny

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Project 365-



My BFF Sheri
and our nephew Chase..



















~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Lily's Friday Prediction-

Fibre- wretch- sip

Ransomed

The empty hummingbird feeder  in the basement's darkest corner..  annoyed her.. The ancient Chinese checker board with only seven marbles..  was even worse.. It lay on the table as if it's players had just this minute vanished.. and would shortly return to challenge her to a game.. Though every fibre of her being screamed escape..  She could only sip water and stare at the silly marbles.. She  knew she  looked a wretch.. deciding to draft a list.. she searched for a pen and paper..  If she was to be ransomed she would have  a comb and all of her marbles..

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-16-2011

Flash Fiction Friday - "bored games"
Weekend Wordsmith - Hummingbird

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday Fill -Ins

And...here we go!



1. Why do I _give a rats naked pattoottee_.

2. ___The chickens and I are here__ to stay.

3. By far the most important __thing is drama___.

4. __Not___ American  __Made!___

5. But when __did we stop protecting the earth?___.

6. __I didn't eat pizza___ for the longest time.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _hitting the sack early__, tomorrow my plans include __yard sales or the flea market ___ and Sunday, I want to cook something on the grill___!
<><><><><><><>

Thanks for stopping by today.. I have been trying to teach myself to write flash fiction.. the shortest of short stories.. I welcome both comments and followers.. Have a great day!
Patsy

1 comment:

Glen said...

ridiculously simple - and yet image provoking. Acheiveing something so potent that looks so easy is very difficult indeed. Well done