Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Half a Week to go...

 " Gold is tried by fire, brave men by adversity. "
      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

= = = = = =

Project 365  - a Photo Everyday

Trinity


Jumping
with
Joy...












ABC Wednesday... J is for...

Joyless Jumpers

Joyful Jumping Juveniles..
Just the Job for Jack..
Jealous Jokers Joined right in..
with Japanese Jelly black..

Just then a Jaunty Judge Jumped in
Judgemental Jargon Jeered
Joe Jerked a Jar and ran away
Jamming Joylessly I feared...

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-21-2011

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Haiku Wednesday-  anticipation

The Note

loves sweet scent unfolds
anticipation my muse
his bulls eye desire

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-21-2011

Haiku Heights #80 - bulls eye

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Poetic Bloomings- PUN-KU

Every week they offer us new ideas in poetry form.. this week  we are introduced to a new poetic form, which is called the PUN-KU. Here are the requirements for writing one.

(1) Unlike the haiku that allows for a less than strict adherence to the 17-syllable rule, the pun-ku must be exactly 17 syllables long.
(2) It contains only four (4) lines arranged syllabically as follows:
Line 1: 4 syllables Line 2: 5 syllables Line 3: 4 syllables Line 4: 4 syllables
(3) As for the end-rhyme pattern, Lines 1 and 2 do not rhyme. Lines 3 and 4 do.
(4) The pun-ku must contain a pun on one or more of the words used in the poem. The subject matter deals with human nature, is light, humorous, or witty.
(5) The title of the pun-ku can only be one- or two-words long (or short).

My Pun-ku follows...

Inked

webmasters union
tossed me out
spider tattoo
they said taboo

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-21-2011

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Match Makers

shortage of men
the ladies undress
wrap them in scarves
call for the dwarves

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-21-2011

these might sound easy.. it's rather hard to work a pun into a limited word poem.. or maybe It will get easier as I write more.. I definitely plan to write more.. in fact I have a page full..  that well to say the least..  they aren't that good.. but they are a start..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Word Wednesday-  dull/ race/ yawn

Thoroughbred

titled racer stomps
sixteen hands of dullest brown
seasoned mare yawns

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-21-2011







~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for stopping by my world today.. I have enjoyed trying a new form of poetry and of course I am always happy to share haiku.. I welcome visitors.. comments.. and followers.. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Patsy

15 comments:

Saras said...

what a splendid variety of poems! Nice read. Loved it.

Roger Owen Green said...

she really gets into her jumps!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Ria said...

great poems! Love the little girl!

Chronicles of Illusions said...

she looks so happy

Anonymous said...

Lovely Wednesday Haiku... very romantic.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Very pretty!

My ABC entry, please come and see. Thanks!

Nanka said...

Nice jumps and very graceful too!!

My J Post - Just Because...

Bullseye on the expectation and prediction, Nice Haiku!!

andy sewina said...

Phew! One comment for all the above - Amazing!!!

Jumping Jack WoW!

Joy said...

A jumping phenomenon.

Traci B said...

Excellent set of poems! Thanks for the intro to the pun-ku; I'll have to try it sometime soon.

kaykuala said...

Fantastic round of poems Pat! I never knew so many 'J' words could go into just one poem.

Hank

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

If anticipation is your muse, then you have a lot to look forward to!

Anticipatory haiku

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Another delightful collection poems!

And thanks for your fun contribution to last week's Limerick-Off. Hope to see you this week!

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: I would like to thankyou for such an enlightening post. I dont by and large reply on blogs as I wish to lurk and read. However your style of literature is uncomplicated to understand, I love the fact that it is clear and to the point. I will make sure that I mail your blog to my acquaintances as I am certain they will not only like reading your post but also find it extremely instructive.

Dotnex said...

nice posting.. visit me :D