Monday, September 19, 2011

Sometimes I Dance in the Moonlight....

" Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. "  ~  Berthold Auerbach

= = = = =

Project 365-



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
found barely alive..
but after a few sips of
sugar water..  was soon
fluttering his wings...

after one night and an almost day
he was released
and soon after spotted with an
adult bird at his own feeder
 
 
 
 
" A flash of harmless lightning, A mist of rainbow dyes, The burnished sunbeams brightening From flower to flower he flies. " -  John Banister Tabb
 
Sunday Citar

= = = = =
 
Haiku Heights- #78 - Feather
 
 
September Harvest
 
old hens run squawking
papa dreams on feather bed
chicken soup simmers
 
Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-19-2011
 
= = = = =
 
Magpie Tales #83

 
 
 Mesmerized

beguiling rattle
slithers towards wisdom tree
woman chooses sin


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-19-2011





The Snake Charmer, Henri Rousseau, 1907

= = = = = =



Midnight Patrons

sweet sighs of darkness
ravens behold great cities
dream angels sustain

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-19-2011









===============

Thanks to all who have visited me here today.. I hope you enjoyed at least some tiny part
of your stay.. I welcome visitors.. comments.. and followers..
Have a great day!
Patsy

17 comments:

The Write Girl said...

These are all terrific mini poems. Each work is nicely paired with the image. Lovely combination of all the prompts.

riTa Koch said...

Good to see your pics and poem.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

A lovely collection of poems!

Trellissimo said...

I did enjoy your snake charmer haiku -thank you. :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Very beautiful.. well I find you smiling because I know I am funny.. don't believe me.. visit my page.. but any how.. keep smiling..

andy sewina said...

And life goes on!

Nicely Patricia, I'm following you now!

Anonymous said...

Once, I danced in the moonlight, with temptation. There was no knowledge tree as I knew already what it was I was doing. I was "grown" before my time... But carousels and wedding bells and oh - the smells! That devil had me mesmerized! That devil had me!
- The secret sidekick.

Brian Miller said...

in search of wisdom chooses sin...all for want of that which we can not have...we follow...

Cad said...

I'd like to grow a wisdom tree...

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

thoughtful Haiku...

Helen said...

Each piece, creative and a joy to read!

Saras said...

Wonderful collection of poems.

Anonymous said...

Loved your September Harvest... it made me laugh!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved the poetry.

Anonymous said...

Great selection of poems. I really liked the haiku about the old hen and the images of feather beds and chicken soup.

Suz said...

I think you have snagged some very good haiku and poems
whatever you are doing..keep doing

CB Condez said...

Hi, I found your link at Creative Writing Ink.

What can I say? It's easy to write a haiku BUT very difficult to write a good one. I think yours are beautiful! =D