Monday, September 5, 2011

A Dark Flash~

"A poet is a nightingale, who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds. "

 ~  Percy Bysshe Shelley

<><><><>

Just the other day while stumbling around on the world wide web I fell over a website called 
"Lily Child's Feardom" and her Friday Challenge of writing Flash Fiction from a gift of words.. the Rules were simple enough... use one hundred or less words and use all three of the words given.. 
The gifted words for this weeks Lily's Friday Prediction were...  Pharaoh... Fair.. and Sweep

Though dark flash fiction is not something I have done before.. I decided to give it a try.. I am always wiling to try new things in writing.. 



The Plague


Looking out over the valley of kings... the young Pharaoh's eyes crawled across the throngs of workers below.... His man walked slowly through the pitiful horde of human flesh...stopping here and there near a fair maid that he thought might tempt his master.... Finally arriving at a feisty young minx.. threatening ruffians with a sweep of her broom..

With one slight nod, her fate was sealed...

Watching her wrestle with his man.. sweet shivers crept along his spine..exciting his spirit... Anticipation rising.. he headed for his chambers.. The night would be long.. and he so enjoyed a fighter...


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
9-5-2011


<><><><>

Thanks for stopping by My blog today.. I hope you enjoyed your visit.. though I don't often write about darkness I think it exist in each of us.. and I do enjoy trying new things.. I welcome both comments and followers... Have a great day!
Patsy



No comments: