Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday.. Hot with a Stormy Sky.. And One Quick Cooling Shower

"Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition." ~ Alexander Smith

"When you look up at the sky, you have a feeling of unity, which delights you and makes you giddy." ~ Ferdinand Hodler

"To me travel is a triple delight: anticipation, performance, and recollection."
~ Ilka Chase

##############################

Season 4.. episode #6
###########################


The Storm

gentle raindrops fall
softly caressing my skin
silently I cry

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-30-2010


##############################

The Tempest

raining corruption
malicious ear purrs wisely~
barbarians fall

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-25-2010

###############################

My week has been long.. hot and tiring.. I hope yours has been better.. thanks for stopping by and maybe you will enjoy my words..
Patsy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a long week has it not? But last night and this morning were most interesting to me. I got to play in the attic. Well, I had to and I didn't want to, but OH the goodies I did find. I had a box of ceramic and porcelein things that belonged to ET's mother, Hannah's great grandmother. I brought them down, unwrapped them and re-packed them. It was quite interesting to imagine how she used each piece, how she loved and took care of them, what they meant to her and if she ever thought that maybe her great grandaughter would love them, too. It was DELIGHTful. I love you!
Lil Heifer

Powell River Books said...

We've had the cool but no rain yet. My heart says we desperately need some even though my mind says let the good weather stay. - Margy

Splendid Little Stars said...

a stormy sky can be a scene of beauty--anticipation of cooling and life-giving rain. great post! enjoyed the quotes and poetry!

Pblacksaw said...

anon~ I love attics and the secrets they sometimes hide.. I bet she did love her things and would be happy that hannah will use them some day..

Powell River Books~ Margy.. I will be happy with just some cooler weather.. we have had some extra hot days here.. even when it rains it only helps for a little while..

Splendid Little Stars.. I love the sky just before a storm so much energy and power.. raw beauty.. I am glad you enjoyed your visit here.

Thanks to all who visited me here in my world.. Have a wonderful day!
Patsy