Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday.. Sunday.. What a Sunday.. New Critters..

"I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean."
~ Socrates

"Poetry is about the grief. Politics is about the grievance." ~ Robert Frost

"One merit of poetry few persons will deny: it says more and in fewer words than prose." ~ Voltaire

###################


Madeleine Begun Kane invites us every week to join her in writing a limerick with her first line...

a Limerick~


Tricks..

a fellow who loved doing tricks
he walked on his hands just for kicks
and though awesome his skill
it was oft used for ill
Now His time he's serving four to six


Written By: Patricia Sawyer
8-29-2010

###################

Unconscious Mutterings...


I say ... and you think ... ?

1.Bangs :: and Bongs and battering rams..
2.Diaper :: Bucket.. hot water.. Ivory snow..scrub board.. Clean diapers
3.Coffee table :: I served coffee at mine once.. Made my guests smile..
4.Cops :: and robbers and run run run...
5.Matches :: Line up right here for your quarter whipping.. we set the woods on fire..Richard Mise brought the matches..
6.250 :: dollars would be nice... new books to read would be grand too..
7.Hurricane :: Katrina.. we will never forget her.. she brought out the best and worst in so many people.. I watched TV and cried...
8.Bad :: news.. Bad karma.. Bad breath..
9.Confirmation :: number is.......
10.Fiber ::enriched food taste like fodder.. animals eat fodder.. can I get fiber from chocolate??
#####################
I got three new critters today.. I was amazed at how big the Turkeys are.. They are huge.. they let me touch them as I sorta encouraged them from the dog kennel into their cage.. They were fine and even appeared to have enjoyed the trip from their old home to here...I watched them for a few minutes with everything on the stove turned down on low.. but supper fixings soon called me back to the house.. I could hear them cooing hello to all the other animals as I started inside.. I even went back to be sure it was them I heard.. I am sure they will make their own space here.. we welcome them to our flock... Thanks for stopping by my world today! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Patsy

1 comment:

Camella Black said...

Tom's or Hen's or both. Just be caredul if the Tom turns his back on you,they can do some nasty things. Have fun.