Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday~ Haiku... Birthdays.. Moods.. and Blueberry Cobbler..

"Always, through my whole life, I've had a thirst for knowledge."
~ Emmitt Smith

"As much as we thirst for approval we dread condemnation."
~ Hans Selye

"Fame is the thirst of youth."
~ Lord Byron


+ + + + + + + + + +
The Tempest

raining corruption
malicious ear purrs wisely~
barbarians fall

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
5-25-2010

+ + + + + + + + + +

Happy Birthday!! .. Cooper and Smokey.. How strange.. and yet kinda cool.. to be "born" on the same day as Smokey Bear.... I am sure there are many other famous people born on this day.. But these two heroes are enough for me..
~ Cooper then.. three days old .. he is dressed and ready to leave the hospital and begin his journey through life..
~ Making noise and annoying neighbors through his teen years.. ~ Doing what he has loved best ever since he was two and tried to copy Anthony on a skate board..

~ This was last month at the beach on a family outing.. close in age the "babies are often photographed together.. They claim each other as their own heroes.. I think they most likely need a spanking and I'm pretty sure their older brother would not only agree but would offer to fly home and help me catch them if he can watch..

~ On August 9, 1944, Smokey the Bear was “born.” Smokey is responsible for sharing with people the danger of forest fires.

+ + + + + + + + + +


.. A little warm Sake in a brass cup...
~ this fruity.. sparkling.. beverage looks like something I could drink right now..
+ + + + + + + + + +
Oh what a day... up before daylight trying to outrun vivid dreams.. I think I surprised the dogs.. they were still too sleepy to walk.. I was soon off with Emily to appointments out of town and let me tell you that I really don't ride well.. I want to hang on.. I want to mash my brake and I don't have one.. Coming home was really special as we traveled for miles and miles at 5 miles per hour behind a truck full of drunk men who appeared to be following a moped driven by another drunk man.. the road was hilly and crooked and the traffic was heavy.. I was almost ready to have a conniption fit when Emily suddenly had all she could stand and with a quick test of her supercharger we were around them and gone .. Coming home I found Dave home from work sick with a nasty summer cold.. Emily was worn out and was soon napping on the couch.. I still hadn't seen Cooper and I really wanted to give him some birthday licks.. Dave had put supper on for me and with some excellent.. ( Y'all know I hate people in my kitchen right?) help from both him and David in the kitchen we soon had a supper of Chicken and Dumplings ready.. while Dave chunked up some cucumbers and tomatoes..( yes I said sliced..!).. I stirred up a cobbler.. It was in the oven when I began to wonder if I had put everything in... Oh well it was too late then.. all I could do was hope.. Cooper came in and asked for a brownie.. He thought the cobbler was brownies.. but decided that the cobbler was better than brownies.. Turns out he had taken himself on a skating adventure and to the beach for his own Birthday.. He crashed and hasn't made a peep since he ate two servings of the cobbler and didn't even grumble about there being no Birthday cake.. Everybody fed and tended to I walked the dogs.. washed the dishes and now here I am.. tired and sleepy and ready for bed myself.. I should feel ashamed that I didn't bake a cake.. but maybe I'll bake one tomorrow and call it out day after cake.. or maybe I'll bake those brownies he wanted instead...we will see what tomorrow brings.. So.. I thank you for visiting my blog today.. I hope your Monday was as interesting as mine was.. Have a great day!
Patsy

1 comment:

Lin said...

Wow, you were busy.

I love the "birthday twins". :) I hear they "hipped up" Smokey the Bear now to connect with today's youth. I haven't seen him yet--I wonder if he's "gangsta"?