Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My World...

“I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.” ~ Aldous Huxley

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."
~ Marilyn Monroe

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln



For many years people have gathered on our town circle.. town meetings.... May pole dances... the civil rights marches many years ago..... festivals... the filming of news stories... and of course a gazillion parades have all been held here.. the center of our town.. this photo was made about an hour before the Christmas Parade last month.. Families were walking around greeting friends.. and staking out a good spot.. the radio station was letting anyone sing on the radio for a t-shirt.. I didn't sing but Emily pulled together a group of back up singers and got herself a t-shirt for their rendition of Blue Christmas.. The book store served Wassail and hot chocolate... It was great to be with family and friends and even strangers for a while.. we danced with the High School bands and stomped with the little girls doing their steps... we smiled at friends and maybe even a few enemies..
I have worked and played here.. I have walked here while waiting to be in court.. The circle.. The center of My town.... Welcome to My World! Have a good night!
Patsy














1 comment:

Big Time said...

Nothing like the Circle on a Friday or Saturday night in the 1970's. I miss those days. I miss you too.