Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some Saturday Stuff..

"You may not be able to read a doctor's handwriting and prescription, but you'll notice his bills are neatly typewritten."
~ Earl Wilson

"Ideas are elusive, slippery things. Best to keep a pad of paper and a pencil at your bedside, so you can stab them during the night before they get away."
~ Earl Nightingale

"I've got to feel the pencil and see the words at the end of the pencil."
~ William Faulkner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Wordless asks us to post pictures that tell a story without words.. I love the photo below of my middle son skateboarding..

- The Photohunt word for today is Balanced- have you ever tried to balance on a rolling skateboard? How about flying through the air on one?



- The lensday word for this week was excitement.. having spent a lot of time at the various skate parks in our area.. I have seen a lot of skater excitement.. they are excited to try new ramps or jumps and even more excited to actually land something new..
I was always excited to watch the young men accomplish a new trick.. I miss hauling them all over the country to skate.. A cooler of cold drinks.. a picnic of sandwiches and chips.. some toys for Mason and a book and camera for me and we were off..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Camera Critters
~ This week for Camera Critters I am sharing some of my own animals..

~ Lucy~ a ringed neck dove.. she and her Husband Joe serenade us while we feed the fowl every day.. we love to hear them Cooing..
~ Janet~ a polish top hat hen.. yes she has some weird feathery hair on her head.. but she is a sweetheart and gentle too.. plus she lays me a warm fresh egg every day!
~ and this guy... we bought him from a man that swore this was a hen... Of course it is hard to tell when they are very young.. we tossed him into the growing up pen where most young roosters will practice their crow and let us know not to add them to the harem of an old rooster.. they will practice holding the young hens down and chase each other around in the pen.. This fellow grew up silently and we really took him to be a hen.. we had a few young roosters who had already started crowing and doing their sideways.. I need a hen dance.. scratching the ground and fluffing out their feathers as they sidestepped and made a clucking sound.. so we chose a rooster for this guy... needless to say as soon as he saw his new "husband" he jumped up on a stick and crowed his head off.. I had named him Delila.. I don't think that name works for a rooster.. do you?? If you have a suggestion for this guy a new name leave me a comment... He needs a name.. he is a beautiful rooster... I will choose a name for him from those offered in comments.. and I will post it on here.. Have a great night!
Patsy
update~ we were offered two names.. Ricky and Delta.. we have decided on calling this guy Ricky.. we both liked the name Delta and will be naming our next rooster Delta.. Have a great day!
Patsy



6 comments:

Vicki ~ FL said...

Great 'critters' you have .... hmmm, "Ricky" the rooster just popped in my head and I don't know why!

eileeninmd said...

Great critters, love the pretty dove and the hen!

Scott Law said...

Man that's a lot of themes for one post. As a photohunter groupie I enjoyed the skateboarder balancing on thin air. Great job. I always enjoy getting around and seeing the different views of this weeks theme. Yours is cool!
Drop by and check mine here.

Pblacksaw said...

Vicki~FL ~ it might be ricky if I don't have any other comments.. we don't have a ricky so that could work.. thanks


eileeninmd~ Thanks I love them too..

Bullrino~ did I do too many? sometimes I want to do it all.. I love to watch skaters.. I never minded that my son was a skater dude..

Thanks to all who visited here.. Have a great day!
Patsy

Unknown said...

I just thought of the start of Delila and came up with Delta.

Pblacksaw said...

Jakill.. I like the name delta..

Thanks to those whho offered a name.. wehave decided that he will be named Ricky because that was the first name offered. Delta will be saved for the nesxt rooster we get.. Thanks for your help!
Patsy