Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wow!! Is It Wednesday Already??

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
~ Confucius

"Cleverness is not wisdom."
~ Euripides

"Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom."
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge


###########################
Sepia Scenes # 68



This weather worn Guardian stands humbly silent.. the afternoon sun glimmering off of the many adornments he wears..
*************************************
Watery Wednesday #72~

I remember seeing this spillway as a child and being very afraid of the "hole in the Water".. I couldn't imagine where the rush of water washing over the wall would go.. That was a hundred years ago.. or at least it seems that way now.. I still don't like the "hole in the water".. even though I know it simply spills back into the creek and meanders away..

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Patsy








5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

you have some wonderful quotes here. I like seeing this water falling. Sorry that you were frightened by the hole ~

Patti said...

I can understand how you would be frightened by the hole in the water.

The guardian angel looks so peaceful. Angelic, I guess!

Big Time said...

That hole in the water just makes you wonder. Or, at least it used to. Have a great day. Love you. Reuben

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I contemplate the brief should acquire more info then it has.