Thursday, January 7, 2010

Three for Thursday!

"A man's true wealth is the good he does in the world. Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror. But you are eternity and you are the mirror."
~Kahlil Gibran

"What a holler would ensue if people had to pay the minister as much to marry them as they have to pay a lawyer to get them a divorce." ~ Claire Trevor

"Imagination is like a lofty building reared to meet the sky; fancy is a balloon that soars at the wind's will." ~ Frank Gelett Burgess

1:)~ Just rambling! ~~ Today has been a pretty ordinary day.. I slept till almost 1:30pm...That part wasn't ordinary.. I'm usually up early.. I did wake up for a few minutes and looking at Dave there sleeping soundly.. I decided to just stay there and sleep along with him.. His work schedule means that I write and sleep while he works and he sleeps while I cook.. clean.. and compute.. we did all the normal daily things we do.. Most of our daily joint work revolves around out animals.. feeding takes a while longer when everyone has water frozen in their drinking containers.. the pig squealed and squealed this morning.. I had already went back for an apple and then for some bread with peanut butter and scratched her butt before I realized her water was frozen... as soon as we fixed that she went about munching on her red apple.. we had a few eggs this morning that were cracked open.. frozen.. but we also had a few that were not frozen and the chickens were fine.. when I checked on them all just before dark they were all roosting quietly.. they will be up and crowing at around 4am.. I guess they go to sleep early to get an early start... The weather channels are calling for snow tonight.. we never get snow.. well actually there have been a few snows here in my lifetime.. someone asked me if I had been to the store.. I just laughed at them.. in the southeast if there is even a rumor of snow the grocery store fills up and all the milk and bread vanishes... and people know we never get snow.. and even if a few flakes were to fall during the night it will melt just as soon as the sun rises.. oh well.. I don't have bread but I have a bread machine.. I have a well stocked pantry and a freezer as well.. I personally would like to see a little snow... I did check to be sure that my camp stove and the fuel were in the laundry room.... just in case... after all it never hurts to be prepared! If it does indeed snow... maybe I'll have a snowman party like I did when Cooper and Emily were small... It was just me and the two of them who lived here then and they were itching to get outside and catch a cold.. the snow was about an inch deep.. just a dusting at best.. I really think it took all we could roll up to make the three balls we needed.. he was a sad snowman for sure but they loved him... They both had a fit the next morning when all that was left of him was Anthony's old hat.. Emily's scarf.. some wet charcoal .. and a wilted carrot.. Maybe instead of a snowman party I'll just stay inside where it is warm.... after all it will be just another ordinary day! Have a wonderful night.. stay safe and warm where ever you are..
Patsy

2:) A Pantoum ~
3:) ~ a Haiku~

Poems.... I wrote this first poem for a contest and was delighted to discover that is a featured Poem on PoetrySoup this week.. folks always want to know what I get paid to be featured.. I get paid nothing.. but I still love to be a featured poet.. in fact I have been featured two week in a row.. the second poem was featured last week and has just passed into the final round in the contest it was entered into.. the contests began with almost a thousand entries.. the final round has narrowed the field to 263... I know I am still a needle in a haystack but at least I made it this far! YAY ME!!! Winning this prize would mean a small sum of money.. maybe enough to buy me some new pens and notebooks! I think you may have read these two poems before but maybe you will enjoy them a second time around..


~Omega~

In a place of standing stones
a mighty beast awakens
Ivory ribcage aglow
fire raging in his belly
a mighty beast awakens
scaled wings flutter
fire rages in his belly
he is Omega the last of his kind
scaled wings flutter
Ivory ribcage aglow
He is omega the last of his kind
In a place of standing stones.

Written BY: Patricia Sawyer
12-4-2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Wish~

dandelion spores
scatter with a breath's wind~
I make a wish

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
6-23-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

oyz said...

hi, is my first time to visiting here, introduce me. im oyz, im glad to be read in here, wow ur blog/site is very very interesting....., maybe someday i'll be same like u. thanks

Anonymous said...

Yes, the answer almost same, as well as at me.


I advise to you to visit a known site on which there is a lot of information on this question Hot Health

Anonymous said...

Logically


I can suggest to come on a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you. Hot Health

JR said...

woow....
good article, I just read an article that was remarkable. and I agree with what you write. keep on blogging my friends

Big Time said...

Trying to catch up after the holidays. I hope you and Dave are good. I love you. Reuben