Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sepia Scenes..

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
~ Brooks Anderson

"Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited and the wealth and confusion man has created." ~ Edward Steichen

"Photography deals exquisitely with appearances, but nothing is what it appears to be." ~Duane Michals

***************************************





Dancing in the Streets! What fun we had clapping and stomping along as the children danced in the streets! This group even had batons that they waved around and did their level best to spin.. I love a Parade!

Have a great day!
Patsy

8 comments:

anemonen said...

Nice shot! I like the scene.

Heidi said...

I love how the sepia could set this parade at any point in time. Very nice capture!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Anonymous said...

Timeless moment. I enjoyed reading the Oh so true quotes too. Thank you for sharing them.

Marice said...

fun day! we also have something like that here but most of the participants are elders :)

u may view mine here

Amanda said...

There's always something rather festive about parades. Very nice picture.

Shannara said...

Timeless shot. I like the photo, it made me curious... =)

kayerj said...

I love a parade too :) Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Big Time said...

It was a fun day. I am ready for another parade now. Love you.