Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sepia Scenes

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams


"My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph."
~Richard Avedon


"I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."
~John Steinbeck




I love Angels... I have many photo's of Angels that I see in all the different places that I may go.. I wish this photo showed all the great detail on this young miss.. her face almost looks real as she stands silent in the afternoon sunlight... her feathers deeply carved.. her job is not easy.... she stands guard against rabbits.. boogie woogies.. raccoons and other things that go bump in the night... at the foot of a baby's grave..
what a sad place.. but brightened by the presence of Angels..
Patsy

5 comments:

Gena @ thinking aloud said...

Wonderful, sepia just works so well with stone statues!
Gena @ thinking aloud

Big Time said...

Nice picture. She does have a tough job.....

Love you! Reuben

oyz said...

You have a great blog sir, I have clicked on your ad to help you get some $ and. So I can go back and revisit your blog everyday as much as possible. Pls do visit my blog and do the same thing too if possible. Thank you and Have a nice day:)

Anonymous said...

Your image gives the angel a fine patina. Nice work.

kayerj said...

she looks like a jewel! Kaye—the road goes ever ever on