Monday, January 18, 2010

Moody Monday!

"Growing up, I was the plain one. I had no style. I was the tough kid with the comb in the back pocket and the feathered hair." ~ Cameron Diaz

"A great social success is a pretty girl who plays her cards as carefully as if she were plain." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

"It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without soup or bread in it.' ~ M. F. K. Fisher







Moody Monday has given us the word plain for today..

The picture above is of two apparently plain ladies.. One of them is me.. I bet you can guess that I am the fat and plain one.. the other is my cousin Sheron.. I love her to death.. she is my longest time friend.. I would be friends with her.. if she would let me.. even if we were no kin.. neither of us wear makeup.. well maybe every once in a great while we might.. but it has to be something special.. we have gray hair and we are too plain to get that erased.. we both laugh to loud and say what we think and don't care too much about our clothes.. we fish.. and garden and keep chickens and dogs and all the things that plain women do.. we like to grow our own food.. we wear tank tops and cut off blue jeans.. we go barefoot.. we do brush our hair.. but I can't tell you how long it's been since mine was actually styled.. Maybe I am a little plainer than her.. She doesn't write but she can do the best story jokes of anyone I know.. she is funnier than me.. But I will say for plain folks we are both pretty funny.....

Plain~
•unadorned, without decoration; simple and ordinary
•clear and obvious; easily understood
•not beautiful

just above is the definition of plain according to Moody Monday! I agree with the first two.. I am simple and ordinary.. I am clear.. I am easily understood because I speak my mind.. I have always considered myself.. just Plain old me.. I am what I am.. you get what you see.. Sheron fits that too..

but I don't always agree with the last part.. not beautiful.. some things even when they are plain have a deep or hidden beauty.. Sheron is such a beautiful person..
she loves her family and friends deeply.. she would do anything ..and I do mean anything.. for any of her loved ones..she is very artistic.. she decorates her yard for each holiday with decorations she has designed and made.. most are wooden cutouts that she has draw then cut out and painted.. Ghosts for Halloween and Candy canes hanging from every tree for Christmas and Hearts for Valentines day..

Remember that those of us who appear plain.. me and Sheron included.. are not always what we seem.. if you ever got a half a chance to see inside our lives you would realize that there is way more that you never knew..in some cases .. more than you could have imagined.. and behind our plain wrapper.. there might just be a very fancy person.. Have a great Night!!
Patsy

4 comments:

Camella Black said...

Plain or ordinary are not words I'd use to describ you or Sheron; while you may not adorn yourselves in a prissy manner your very aura screams look at me!

I too would be consider to be plain by most standards as most people don't look beyond the wrapping.

Big Time said...

Good one! I love you and Sheron. Reuben

Anonymous said...

Well you two are obviously *not* plain! Thanks for entering MoodyMonday and thanks for the nice accompanying story. We will have to disqualify you of course, being such a beautiful persons.

Pheebs said...

I am nearly ashamed to say that I don't know Sheron all that well. I'm convinced that I need to change that - if she's anything like you, I'd love her to pieces. But Aunt Patsy, don't you know you're beautiful? Kaleidascope colors, even! Everything you touch (except for the snake) thrives because of you. Life lives in your fingertips. You make fun out of old cardboard boxs and sticks. You bring laughter to children, comfort and solace to ANYone in need, your brilliantly intelligent and kind and warm and honest to a fault. I've never in my life known a more beautiful woman, aside from Ma, and I'm lucky to know you. Plain? Not even on your worst day. Ordinary? Nope. No chance of that either. Calling you plain is like saying the world is flat. Maybe some tink it, they may even believe it, but it isn't so.