Thursday, January 14, 2010

Three for Thursday!

"I wish you a tolerable Thursday. That's all any of us can hope for."
~ April Winchell

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."
~ Douglas Adams

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
~ Gilbert K. Chesterton

***********************

#1-) Quick Snap: In My Room


thanks to Sh1ft.org I now have a good idea of what my junky bedroom looks like to other people.. with it's dolls and tins and baskets overflowing with books.. as you can see I have way to much stuff.. but am unlikely to part with any of our treasures.. If you have never been to Sh1ft.org you should check them out.. I love their quick snap projects..


************************************


#2-)a haiku



Paratrooper

nerves fiddle-string taut
heavy pack upon his back
free fall into fray


written By: Patricia Sawyer
1-12-2010



********************************


#3-) Every month at my poetry club meeting someone comes up with an assignment for the entire club to write.. a few months ago they tossed a few ideas around and finally someone said we should all write about Rodney... Rodney being our youngest member and though he doesn't write at all he does come to every meeting and sets up his equipment to play music for our entertainment just in case we were to have a few minutes that he could show us what he loves...
I am a relatively new member compared to all of them.. I wasn't a member for the years that Rodney was growing up right before their eyes.. I have watched him for only a short time compared to all of them.. I was a little bit worried about my poem.. I think I did ok.. Maybe you will comment to let me know what you think.. Have a great Thursday!!
Patsy






Rodney

Round eyes smiling
you greet everyone you meet.
respectful..musical..
quiet and neat..

Overcome with shyness
when we ask you to speak..
but with your music
you're neither timid nor meek..

Do you get bored
as we recite the time away?
sometimes.. leaving no time
for the songs that you would play..

Never an unkind word
have I heard you utter..
unlike most teens who curse
belittle and mutter..

Every single meeting
you set to entertain
then you tear it all back down
not ever to complain..

You are a rare young man
a great pleasure to know...
with a warm and welcome smile
everywhere you go..

Rodney they say that fate
is how lives are set apart
so I thank the fated stars
that you have touched my heart..

Written By: Patricia Sawyer
11-22-2009

3 comments:

Big Time said...

Well, I like the poem and I think Rodney will too. Miss you! Reuben

Unknown said...

i think that poem is fabulous! it makes me feel like i know him. as always, love your work.

have a wonderful night...hugz!

Pblacksaw said...

big toime.. Thanks I think he will like his poem.. I love you!


Pj.. thanks.. he is a great teen.. Hugz to you too!

Thanks to all who visit me here..Have a wonderful night!
Patsy