Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Watery Wednesday!

"If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it, write it in the sand near the water's edge."
~ Napoleon Hill

"Would that I were a dry well, and that the people tossed stones into me, for that would be easier than to be a spring of flowing water that the thirsty pass by, and from which they avoid drinking. " ~ Kahlil Gibran

"If a writer knows enough about what he is writing about, he may omit things that he knows. The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water."
~ Ernest Hemingway
This Watery Wednesday Photo
is of a roadside pond that we often pass over.. though the photo doesn't show it very well.. this morning the water was frozen.. looking across the pond you can see the thawed spot between the two man-made damns in the picture... I have always thought this was a beautiful little spot.. The eighteen wheelers whizzing by freezing me with their 75 mile an hour wind didn't seem to be interested in it's beauty this morning though.. they were in a mighty hurry as they blew by me as I stood on the side of the road.. by the time I made a few photo's and Dave skipped some coins across the ice.. we too were frozen!.. Have a Happy Watery Wednesday!
Patsy




2 comments:

Helena said...

That looks like a beautiful spot to stop and enjoy nature's finest. :)

Big Time said...

I have always wanted to fish in that pond. Have a great day. Love you! Reuben