Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What is it.. Where is it.. Who did it..???

"Perfection is what American women expect to find in their husbands ... but English women only hope to find in their butlers." ~ W. Somerset Maugham

"No gold-digging for me. I take diamonds! We may be off the gold standard someday."
~ Mae West

"Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."
~ Anais Nin



########################

A what is it for you to ponder~
what is it? where is it? and who did it?

Update~ This photo is of the construction phase of a Space Track radar known as site-c6... commenter Clare St Johns was right that it is located in Florida and it did indeed play a big part in the space program for many years.. For more information on this place you are welcome to visit this web page that shares a lot more about it's construction and use..

simply put it was used to track objects in space..Many rumors have surrounded this site even since the first stages of construction.. Thanks Clare for always giving it a good guess... and for being a faithful reader of my blog.. those interested in reading Clare's blog will find her here!
Have a great day!
Patsy

Dave was excited to find this very old "what is it " recently in a group of slides.... five boxes of slides that were shared with us by his sister.. that we had yet to look at... even though my late uncle had given us a projector we didn't own a screen.. I can't imagine where our minds have been for the last few years but obviously not on looking at the slides.. it was my making of video's for my own family from very old childhood pictures that finally got me to thinking of how we might view those slides.. one old white sheet and we were looking at pictures of My beloved on the beach when he was barely able to stand...
him and his beautiful sister Donna.. from the time they were just wee babies until they were teens.. we treasure all the photo's of Dave's parents since they both died years and years ago.. both leaving this world way to young..

Have you ever seen anything that looks like this? can you begin to imagine what it might be? Honestly I think Dave may have found a what is it that no one will be able to guess.. I personally had never heard of it until he found this and asked me if I thought it would make a good "what is it?" I looked at the image projected on my old white sheet and asked him.. " exactly what is it?"
Of course I won't tell you what it is today.. I would love for some of you to guess.. actually I can think of a few people who might even know what this is.. sadly I don't think they read my blog every day.. but we shall see. I really hope someone gets it..

now a very very few facts...
the photo is in our possession because Dave's Dad worked on this project..from 1962 through 1968.. it is said to be the strongest of it's kind in the whole world.. do you have any ideas? what do you think it is? where do you think it is and last of all who do you think had this thing built? do you think it is still in operation? what exactly is the purpose of this and what is it's actual operation? I am open to all comments and guesses about this thing that you can see in the photo.. Dave and I have a dollar bet .. he says no one will know and I am hoping that someone out there might have a clue.. is that someone you? do you know what this place is? I hope someone does.. I would hate to have to give Dave a dollar..
Have a great night!
Patsy

1 comment:

Camella Black said...

Well as I grew up in Florida I should know this right off, and I am going to take a guess... just a word in my defense if I'm wrong... I was too busy back then being worried about the Russion's or Cuban's bombing us and rushing home to see Batman but I do know several things were making waves in Florida; the building of the Cross Florida Canal and the building of Cape Canaveral or what people outside of Old Florida call Kennedy Space Center.... as only a couple of damn/locks were built on the canal and I've seen them I don't believe that this is what this is so I'm going to say its the Space Center building at Cape Canaveral.