Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Birthday my Sweet Emily!!

"If we were not all so interested in ourselves, life would be so uninteresting that none of us would be able to endure it." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

"Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again."
~Menachem Mendel Schneerson

"Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself."
~Tom Wilson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty years ago..in a few more hours.. I rolled over in the hospital bed and coughed.. with just that cough Emily burst into the world.. the next few minutes were a blur.. she had managed to tangle her neck and one arm up in her cord.. she had decided to come into the world in a big way..I was surrounded by Doctors and Nurses and I think she and I were turned inside..outside and upside down before they were satisfied and she was safely delivered.. I heard a nurse call
6-11.. I hadn't a clue what that was.. I later found out it was her supposed weight.. I say supposed because when they weighed her in the nursery they said she only weighed 3 pounds and 11 ounces. They whisked her away to the incubator where she lay under the blue lights and sucked up their oxygen with her thumb tucked tightly into her tiny pursed lips..


Emily 6 weeks old... though you really can't tell from this picture she is still very tiny.. I stole her dress from a doll.. her hairband is actually a regular baby hair band cut in half.. If you look close at the bow on her head it appears to be giant for a baby hair bow.. She was a happy happy baby... sweet as sugar!!



Emily... 3 years old! She.. with Cooper's help... cut her own hair for the photo shoot.. can you tell? I was so mad with them both and she smiled and said.. But I will make a pretty picture.. I had a green Velvet dress picked out for her to wear too but she wasn't having that.. finally I decided that since the haircut was going to ruin the Pictures anyway I would just let them wear what they wanted.. she was right she made a great picture.. this is one of my favorite photo's of Emily..


Emily.. 5 years old.. one of the very few pictures of her by herself... she was proving she could stay clean for three hours.. what you don't see here is that as soon as we slid her ruffled dress back on she grabbed a cup of cool-aid and spilled it all over Cooper and Anthony./. but she did stay clean!

This is a recent picture of Emily along with her beloved.. Luke.. Happy Birthday Emily! I love You!


Emily brought a new chapter to my life.. one where we sat in hospitals and cancer clinics and drove for hours everyday for years and years... but one where I was in awe of her ability to smile even when she was in great pain.. The doctors would do a painful procedure to her and when they were done she would hug them tight.. She once told one of our very favorite doctor's.. Dr Red.. because he had red hair.. that she was "forgiving" him with a hug.. he and I both cried.. she was a good child if you over looked the hair cuts.. the painting of the walls .. the floors.. herself.. she always had a willing and ready partner for her mischief.. Cooper would do anything she said and then say it was all his idea... I am sure he had some idea's of his own and in those she was a willing accomplice....she loves to talk and has to have the last word.. were she here right now she would prove it by saying.." No I don't have to have the last word Mama..!"

smart.. and beautiful.. funny I always thought she was more like her Father but that last part sounds more like me!! Happy Birthday Emily Suzanne!! I love you!
I hope you enjoy my poem....Have a wonderful night!

Patsy


My Baby Girl!

Barrettes and ribbons
Baby dolls and lace.
Ah my baby girl
Such a sweet face.

Tea parties and Teddy bears
Tree climbing, Let's race.
She might be the smallest
But she demands her own space.

Schoolwork and Boyfriends
A Friday night date.
Hey mama don't worry
I just might be out late.

Ruffles on prom gowns
A mind of her own.
I'm not sure I like this
My baby girl is grown!
Written By: Patricia Sawyer
3-13-2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

i am about to cry. What a great tribute to the birthday girl, sweet Emily!
I long for a baby girl myself, but we're having another baby boy in a few months, which is really fine by me.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful mother you are! that was beautiful, patsy. truly your children are blessed.

much love to you my friend...hugz!

Big Time said...

Happy Birthday from Uncle Ruby!!!

Love you Patsy. Reuben

Barb said...

I got goosebumps just feeling the love you have for your daughter pouring from every word. Happy Birthday to Emily.. and to you, too!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]coreldraw 11 manual for mac user, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]order computer software[/url]
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]install eye toy for windows vista[/url] discount software windows xp administration software canada
software for video store [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]autocad torrent[/url] selling free software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]discount children's software[/url] quarkxpress license key registry
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]office suite software[/url] discount microsoft office software
buy photoshop price [url=http://sapresodas.net/]windows vista software downloads[/url][/b]

Lin said...

Happy Birthday to both Mom and Daughter--a day you both share together. :)

P.S. She has a much better haircut now.