Sunday, October 4, 2009

I am Awake in the Middle of the Night Again!!

"I haven't shaken my fists at the moon." ~ Ian Dury

"The day, water, sun, moon, night - I do not have to purchase these things with money."
~ Plautus

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." ~ Carl Sandburg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Moon

a silver sliver
frowns on me from above~
cars swarm lover's lane

written By: Patricia Sawyer
10-4-2009


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Moon is a unique thing. It can light the night sky with a wonderful glow.. or it can peep out from behind the thick dark clouds and be a frightful thing.. there are those that believe that it was once a part of the earth.. they have even decided where it fit into a spot on the map.. I never was clear on how they think it got way up there. Did a volcano erupt and shoot it out into space?..
Weekend Wordsmith has the word MOON as it's theme for this week-end.. I love to look at the moon.. there is an old saying that if you shake your empty pocket at the moon when it looks like an empty bowl that when the moon "fills up" so will your pocket.. I might have to give that a try.. I was born in 1959 that is the same year the Soviet Union made it's first
mission to the moon..It didn't land.. In 1969, the U.S. landed there and Neil Armstrong was the first man to step foot on the Moon's surface. We watched it on our Television.... I knew a lot of grown ups who thought it was a hoax.. They thought that it was all done in a hidden place and that the whole thing was somehow staged and filmed to fool or trick the public..I remember listening to some of them talk and wonder why the American government would want to go to all that trouble to fool the people of the world.. I couldn't figure out what they had to gain...and if there was nothing to be gain then why an elaborate hoax?.. I have marveled the many wonderful views of the moon for many years.. I don't have a desire to visit her.. but I sure do admire her beauty from afar...

Have a great Night!

Patsy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fast Facts

1:- The Moon has no atmosphere or magnetic field.

2:-Most rocks on the surface of the Moon seem to be between 4.5 and 3 billion years old, older than those usually found on Earth.

3:-The moon, which whirls around the earth, is the earth's closest space neighbor, and the only other solar body on which human beings have walked.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

the moon is one of my favorite things! your haiku is amazing as usual. the moon has major influence over many things including, people, and planting crops. loved this post! have a great day my friend...hugz!

Anonymous said...

First ever Haiku which i liked so much. Silver sliver....beautiful words.

Anonymous said...

Beneficial business
For varied people, SEO is a remarkably rewarding business. You even-handed be suffering with to separate this, and it is not so sincere and easy, assorted people come to a decision on a answer that gives them the [url=http://www.pozycjonowaniebitec.pl]pozycjonowanie[/url], I think it's festivity and can really be dressed fun. Forgoing [url=http://www.pozycjonowaniebitec.pl]pozycjonowanie[/url] is simply a extinction for companies that happen no more than thanks to the internet. According to me SEO is a present-day enterprise, championing people who really suppose back the future. Surely someone liking say, what advertising on the Internet, if they non-standard real are newspapers, television, etc., so that the Internet is the expected, it is an endless opportunity. Seo pays well-founded all, all of this on the discernible benefits. So if you have a issue, you should not give up the opportunities that gives you [url=http://www.w-polsce-mamymocne-seo.pl]wpolscemamymocneseo[/url], because this is a prodigious business.