Sunday, October 11, 2009

Unconscious Mutterings.. On Sunday Afternoon!

"My worst fear is that I'll end up living in some run-down duplex on Wilshire wearing pants hiked up to my nipples and muttering under my breath."
~ Richard Dreyfuss

“And the muttering grew to a grumbling; / And the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling;/ And out of the houses the rats came tumbling.” ~ Robert Browning


"My nerves are still frazzled. I can't talk without stuttering, muttering and mumbling."
~Mark Low

Unconscious Mutterings

Free association is described as a "psychonanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self.

That's an admirable goal, but for the purposes of this exercise, we're just hoping to have a little fun with the technique. Each week I'll post ten words to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind.

Sunday, October 11, 2009
Week 350

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. My treat ::
  2. ~~and what will this cost me?
  3. Bell ::
  4. ~~ Who is at my door??..someone is ringing my chicken.. ( I have a metal chicken bell!)
  5. Five ::
  6. ~~ times two is ten.. five more minutes.. these are my Mutterings.. you could do your own if you don't like mine!
  7. You’re crazy ::
  8. ~~ yes I am! thank you for noticing! I work hard at being me!
  9. Disgust ::
  10. ~~goats drink their own pee.. Glad I'm not a goat! Hmmmm... there is no ING on that word..still that goat thing would disgust anyone?!
  11. Tempest ::
  12. ~~ In a rain-barrel..Shakespeare's finest hour..
  13. Bummer ::
  14. ~~ Blue lights.. damn!
  15. Brim ::
  16. ~~ full to and running over.. where's the mop?? It's the toilet again..
    ( maybe this should go with disgust!)
  17. Hose ::
  18. ~~ there's a kink in there..
  19. Lollipop ::
  20. 7856 licks to get to the middle!! No wait that's a tootsie roll pop.. ahh never mind.. lollipops are what the munchkins ate right? Those big round saucer sized suckers?
    they look better than they taste..


These were fun.. My mind loves these kinds of word association things.. of course being me i can't just give simple answers.. You should try these! The link above has lists from before too.... You can also check out the mutterings of others by clicking on the comments section.. Have a great day!
Patsy


3 comments:

Unknown said...

my treat - no, mine, i insist
bell - ding ding
five - golden rings
you're crazy - ya think?
disgust - liars
tempest - (blank)
bummer - didn't win the lottery
brim - to the top
hose - water
lollipop - children

hehehe, those were fun patsy. have a great day...hugz!

Anonymous said...

My treat - YAY! I am going!
Bell - bicycle coming
Five - kids - 5? oh my!
You're crazy - sometimes, it is fun!
Disgust - trash yuck!
Tempest - teenage girl at school
Bummer - no money, no where to go, nobody to go with...
Brim - fish?
Hose - it's winter time already? I don't like to wear those!
Lollipop - Red, sticky,

I enjoyed this one!
~loves2ride

Pblacksaw said...

PJ~ I like the mutterings too.. liars are disgusting..

loves2ride~ you are thinking of Bream as in fish.. Dave and I have 5 kids between us when we got married.. 6 if you counted George and we do.. do they still sell hose? I don't wear those things..

Glad y'all stopped by! Have a great day!
Patsy