Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Somedays I just feel old!

“I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.”~ Bob Hope"Every one desires to live long, but no one would be old." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it's a sure sign you're getting old.
~ Mark Twain

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes,
a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend
-or a meaningful day.
" ~ Dali Lama

Ten On Tuesday!

Ten things that make you feel Old!!
1~}~Emily getting married... she was just born yesterday when I was 28.. now she is planning a wedding.. I'm old as dirt! ( That's Em three days old getting a kiss from Cooper!)

2~}~Grown children.. I don't tell them they are grown.. I was hoping they wouldn't notice yet... but I think they know it..

3~}~Grand children... wow where did they come from?.... No!!!... In fact you can even make that a HELL NO!! I do not want details.. I get the idea.. See!! .. that's why I didn't tell them they were grown.. as soon as they figured it out they think they can scare old people.. wow! and now Grand kids too??... Grand-kids huh?... they grow up and do to the parents what mine did to me..make them feel old..?.. Yea? Hmmm.. Grand-kids.. COOL!

4~}~Wrinkles.. I looked at me in the mirror by accident the other night.. Phew!!! wrinkles...enough said..

5~}~Forgetting names.. what was your name again?? yea you.. If you're a guy I'm going to call you Reuben most likely.. and if you're a girl you'll be Martha.. and if all else fails I will point at you and say hey you.. so don't act like you can't tell who this wrinkled old lady is talking too..

6~}~ Joints... no dummy not the smoking kind.. that is way back long ago in the seventies stuff... creaking joints as in knees and elbows.. even a hip that creaks sometimes..

7~}~Gray hair.. I have lots of it.. Dave says I'm lucky to still have hair.. Thanks babe.. you're right!

8~}~ Eyesight.. well if I still had some..... we were at a thing up town a week or so ago and someone asked me.. "who is that over there".. I said "where"? ..they said.. "right there.. over there.. see them?" ...I saw a big blur of things over there.. I wasn't wearing my glasses and if I had been I could have only "read" those poor folks.. They would have been standing close to me for me to really see them.. finally I said.. "I give up who is it?!"yea.. I know we have an eye doctor in town.. but if I go get glasses I will be admitting that I'm old!!

9~}~ Death.. I think about death.. I have lost a lot of family members.. some of them old of course.. but on the other hand.. many of them very young.. some of them younger than me.. a few years ago about four friends of mine all died right along together.. I hadn't thought much about death until then.. any body can die.. even babies.. but four people in their fifties all right together.. It reminded me that we are not getting younger..

10~}~ FIFTY! Oh Man!! I said it out loud.. I guess that makes it true! I will be fifty this year.. half a hundred.. Older than dirt.. when I Toot out will come a cloud of dust!<~~ or so Cooper says... will I be too old to party? too old to dance? wrinkled and cranky old??? It is not nifty that I'll be fifty!!!

Now I really feel old.. next thing you know I'll be drinking that nasty fiber stuff and trying on canes.. Jeez.. I feel like putting on some support hose and creeping off to bed..but first I'm going to check my ears and nostrils for those crinkled gray hairs that old people sprout from the most ungodly places.... after all.. I am old!!
Have a great day!!
Patsy

3 comments:

Joanne said...

The wonders of our body when we are "riping" =)

I wonder how will I look like 30 years from now...

Here's my list -> http://www.joannemv.com/?p=216

Unknown said...

age is just a number. some days i feel like a little girl and then some i feel ancient. what makes me feel old is the days that my body just doesn't work like it used to. have a wonderful day sweetie...hugz!

Pblacksaw said...

Joanne~ "riping" huh? I like that..
I'll tell folks I'm not old.. I'm ripe!

PJ~ some days I feel ancient too.. I don't feel like a child very often any more.. maybe a school girl..

Have a great day!!
patsy