Friday, October 16, 2009

Something New!

"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. "
~ Buddha

"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." ~ Winston Churchill

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug!" ~ Mark Twain



I found something new.. Or at least new to me... I know it has probably been around for ages and eons and I just discovered it.. but it is called One Word- They give you one word and one minute to write about it....yes!.. as in 60 seconds.. you better hurry.. no dilly dallying around here.. You click go and you have one word at the top of the page.... a cursor and a timer set for sixty seconds.. I would call it an excellent free write exercise.. I read through the archives.. there is an extreme amount of talent out there.. Thanks ThomG ...from the blog Surface Tension... for leading me to something new and interesting.. I did yesterdays word just to practice ....then I went back and read through many of the others...it is interesting to see where different peoples minds flow when they have only a few seconds to write about a random word.. I'm sure I'll be trying One word again and again... You should check out both ThomG's blog and One Word.. Both are fun! I especially like anything that focuses on words.. I like one word prompts .. and they have had some great words over the time period that I looked at..


One Word~ Permission- 10-15-2009

why would I need PERMISSION?... aren't I grown?..
Who died and made you MY boss? I was just saying I was going...
don't even think I was asking if I could..... because I CAN!!
I don't need any one's PERMISSION!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Friday Fill-Ins


#146~ Friday October 16-2009



And...here we go!

1. So are we going _to ever finish this "SMALL" remodeling job__?

2. Me having a "We are never going to finish it fit!!"___ is what's up ahead.

3. I love to _read, write, talk, (this has way to many possible answers!)__.

4. _Something or other_ of some sort. __IS what I always say!___

5. I walk __around the chicken yard gathering eggs and tossing them scratch feed as they cackle and crow_Grunting at the pig_ and quacking at the ducks__.

6. _Love_ is the true elixir of life!_(Doesn't elixir mean a liquid..something you drink.. I'll drink to Love!)__

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _finishing a paint job_, tomorrow my plans include _finishing that teeny.. tiny.. taking way tooooo long.. remodeling job__ and Sunday, I want to _rest_in a house that is finished with it's tiny job and put back together with everything in it's place!!!___


Have a wonderful Night!!!
Patsy

1 comment:

Cacai M. said...

hi, we have the same elixir of life, love. (~_~)

I know it's a bit late but I did this on Friday, it's just now that I was on blog hopping, and here's my Fill-ins

See yah.. have a good day!