Friday, October 30, 2009

It's Hard to pass a Word Prompt!

"My advice is to consult the lives of other men, as we would a looking glass, and from thence fetch examples of our own imitation."
~ Terence

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, speak a few reasonable words."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Don't give cherries to a pig; don't give advice to a fool."
~ Irish Proverb


This week SIMPLY SNICKERS poetry prompt asks that we write a short poem that includes these key words: know, now, need

Also This week .. Simply Snickers celebrates the birthday of British painter Edward Wadsworth, who was born on October 29, 1889.

To honor this artist, they offer samples of this artist’s work to accompany this week’s prompt.


Above: Landscape By: Edward Wadsworth~ 1913

Looking at this image I get an idea of a broken mirror reflecting sad images of shattered dreams..


Shattered Dreams

knowing not your needs
my own wants.. demanded
I now stand alone

a broken soul.. with
reflections of dreams denied
scattered at my feet.

Written BY: Patricia sawyer
10-30-2009



and some thoughts on this wild and crazy.. busy..week~

this week I have been very busy trying to teach an old dog.. me.. a new trick... I wanted to be able to make slide-show DVD's for family and friends.. as a way to enjoy old photographs and to share them in a format that would be easy for the youngest and the oldest to enjoy.. I had seen a few before.. I really liked them..photographs flashing on the television screen.. set to music that seemed to match the mood of the Photo's or the person featured in the show.. My son's Father-in-Law~ Bob~ had the first set and still my favorite set.. I ever saw...he had photo's of ancestors for many.. many.. years back... and up to current day.. they looked simple enough to do.. I figured that I wouldn't pay to have mine done.. everybody knows I'm cheap.. I would do my own.. Let me tell you that my first attempt was a flop.. so being me and stubborn as I am often told that I am.. I would not give up... I had no idea just how time consuming these things are to make.. there are a bazillion( at least that many!!) programs out there that say they write Dvd's "simply and quickly"... my box says that too.. The box doesn't tell you that every photo has to be in a certain format... I figured that out soon enough since it said I had NO photo's on my computer.. so I had to change the ones I had or scan new ones to that format.. I did a little of each... and I tried again and again.. and yesterday I tried yet again.. I made an pretty good video.. it played perfectly well in my computer.. but it was a no go in the DVD player.. So I tried a different Program.. and I made one that would play in both the computer and in the DVD player.. but some of us had no heads and some of us had no legs.. one of us was just a rib cage.. I was almost ready to give up and pay someone else to do this crazy work.. then I spotted a button on the screen that I hadn't clicked yet.. I clicked it and it said to me.. " no photo has been selected to re-size... please make a selection and try again.." I re-sized and re-sized and then I re-ordered and transitioned.. I set effects and listened to music samples.. music samples are awful for this kind of thing.. unless you want elevator bong bong rap on your Video... I didn't ...so I searched for a CD that I liked.... I uploaded and previewed and re-sized twice more.. and at 5am this morning I watched my very first installment of Patsy's World DVDs on my Television.. WOW! who knew these things were so EASY to make!! I know what y'all are getting for Christmas!!

Have a great night..
Patsy


5 comments:

Unknown said...

love your poem, i don't think there has been one that i haven't loved.

your dvd sounds very cool. i have never thought of something like that before. i suppose you have to buy a special program for that though and that just isn't in my budget right now.

have a wonderful day my friend...hugz!

loves2ride said...

That is such a cool idea! I am sure your family will love it!

Big Time said...

Well, I can't wait for my Christmas present.....

Love you! Reuben

Pblacksaw said...

PJ~ I always thought it took an expensive program.. it doesn't.. I will use a dvd writer program that came on this laptop..

Love2ride~ I hope so.. I had them ready to burn when my computer crashed..

Bigtime~ you have to wait..
love you!
Patsy

Angie Prince said...

Hi Patsy!

I stumbled upon your entry from SimplySnickers and had to check it out. Your poem and interpretation of the piece of art are simply wonderful!

Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

May God bless you,

Angie B. Prince